We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 week vacations from Toronto?

ont
Level Contributor
327 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
2 week vacations from Toronto?

What is going on trying to find 14 day packages to Varadero? I have been watching prices everyday and find very few 14 day packages from Toronto.There seem to be many 9,10,11 12 day packages that seem to be very expensive. I realize these shorter packages are good for many people but the prices seem way out of line.

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 week vacations from Toronto?

short packages? more money for the tour operators. check the flite times. thy're making sure you don't stay in the resorts any longer than necessary so they don't pay for that 1st or last nite or a meal just before you leave. lucky to get a snack when you arrive. try requesting 3 weeks and see what they soak you with! carol e.

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 week vacations from Toronto?

Hola

May depend on the dates (Which are you looking at??)

M

ont
Level Contributor
327 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 week vacations from Toronto?

Mardi

I have been checking all dates from Jan. to the end of April and they are all the same regarding these packages.

Powell River
Level Contributor
102 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 week vacations from Toronto?

I am wondering also. I always liked 2 weeks versus 1 week no matter where I want to go. Good deals can be found for 1 week holidays but you never find anything for 2 weeks. Cuba, Mexico,D.R.,does not matter. Can anyone explain why this is?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 week vacations from Toronto?

what site are you looking at. I just picked "dec 18th" departure out of Toronto and found at least 20 hotels of all star ratings offering 14 night trips... Check redtag.ca (they are located in toronto and have a good web site).

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 week vacations from Toronto?

oops sorry. I just read your post again... so I plugged in Jan 8th departure and found the same... lots of options for 14 nights.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,709 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 week vacations from Toronto?

hmmmmm seems to be Varadero thing. I'm seeing lots of 14 day duration AI holidays elsewhere in Cuba.

Terry

Powell River
Level Contributor
102 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 week vacations from Toronto?

Ya, ok, but when you think of it, you are only flying to and from destination once. So airfare is the same for both 1 week or 2 week. If you remove this cost and compare the two, there is quite abit of difference on a per night basis. Am I missing something???

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 week vacations from Toronto?

the only thing you'r emissing, logger, is the tour operators making more money that way! lol. carol e.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 week vacations from Toronto?

Seriously, in most cases you are better off booking 2 one week holidays instead of 14 days. Just miss your flights in between stays.