We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

leave in less than a week and trip dropped $270 in price

edmonton, ab
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Topic
leave in less than a week and trip dropped $270 in price

we've booked through redtag.ca and the trip is through signature vacations. Has anyone had success with getting a credit, refund etc in a similar situation?

I'm extremely frustrated since itravel2000.com offers price protection and if your trip drops in price more than $50 they will refund you the difference, but I've never booked through them and I was comfortable dealing with redtag.ca

Kentville, Canada
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: leave in less than a week and trip dropped $270 in price

Like the price of many things, prices can go up or down after purchase. Thems the breaks.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,528 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: leave in less than a week and trip dropped $270 in price

I think you will find if you read the fine print that any price drop refund will not be given under 30 days from departure.....

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: leave in less than a week and trip dropped $270 in price

Unfortunately, the same thing happened to us through Signature. Nothing you can do. Sometimes the price goes down..probably because they are trying to sell the remaining packages for that time. The downside of waiting until the last minute to book in case the price decreases, is that there may not be anymore room at that particular resort. It is frustrating, I know.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,486 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: leave in less than a week and trip dropped $270 in price

It's a slack period for flights that fly out now and return just before Christmas. Prices have been dropping just the same in the UK.

It's like a stock market investment. Prices can rise as well as fall.

montreal
Level Contributor
10,766 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: leave in less than a week and trip dropped $270 in price

Hey you win some and you lose some as this october the price came down and i bought it .

2 weeks later it came down another 300 each so nothing i can do as the first price i got it i thought it was good but it would have been even better if i had that extra 600 dollars for myself did i call them no as if the price would go up would you call them and give them the extra money ........

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,399 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: leave in less than a week and trip dropped $270 in price

Its the game we all play to travel to the island. You win some, but lose more often. As was said earlier, if your happy with the price you paid why even look. Your just stressing out a week before you leave. Chill

Cheers

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: leave in less than a week and trip dropped $270 in price

On the west coast we are always frustrated when it comes to Cuba.

Just one example a week ago: Sunwing to Riu Varadero:

Calgary $435 plus tax

Edmonton $ 485 plus tax

Vancouver $ 975 plus tax

Wish I could say win some and loose some

Hamilton
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: leave in less than a week and trip dropped $270 in price

In the fine print on Itravel2000 site they will not guarantee prices after 31 days that you are due to travel. I have never used redtag so I dont know if they have a similar price drop guarantee. I never look at prices after I book it just stresses me out. I book when I feel that I got a deal and at a price that I am comfortable with.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: leave in less than a week and trip dropped $270 in price

This is why once I have booked a trip, I don't go look at prices.

oshawa
Level Contributor
471 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: leave in less than a week and trip dropped $270 in price

Think of it the other way. You buy cheep and the price goes up, they don't call you up wanting more money. Best thing if you feel you got a go deal, don't look at price again.