We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The last straw....?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
The last straw....?

So, many regulars know that I may have had my last straw with Cuba...for a little while.

Ironically, we did have a few days with low inventory of straws and we regulars were asked to save our previous ones for the next drink.

What is the smallest or greatest annoyance, that would be your last straw?

Mine is obviously toilets that have gone missing...not toilet seats...but actual complete toilets.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The last straw....?

Going to a resort for a 4th time ....many of the staff knowing me by name and not being invited to the "returning guests" dinner :(

montreal
Level Contributor
10,881 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The last straw....?

Tsanbornca .. Well if they would learn from the people at la Taberna they would not lose there toilet ...

I hate when in Cuba and get the answer my Fren we have no more why the hell do you give me a menue with 3 choices and you are missing one as this goes to often for my taste .

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The last straw....?

funny pic gat0! I'm wondering what's worse... filthy toilet or empty spot where toilet should be. Hmm. Guess it depends on the stomach.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The last straw....?

Gato, at least no one ran off with the damn toilet. jejeje - must be a lot of toilet fights there to need to tie down the tank lid.

Once, I was at a pool bar in Cuba and they ran out of Dark Ron....OMG. For two days! WTF?

missing toilet seat is one thing...who steals a damn toilet?

Edited: 12 December 2010, 04:32
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The last straw....?

I have always heard the old saying that "the resort staff steal everything but the sink", well i guess it is true except for which plumbing fixture they prefer. LOL!!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The last straw....?

I once brought some drink unbrellas to Cuba and gave it to the bartenders. Next day...all the female bartenders had...you guessed it, drink umbrellas in their hair. I almost brought a few boxes of matches from my local...doh. Why bother.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The last straw....?

There are 2 types of people who steal toilets.

1/ Someone who needs one.

2/ Someone who knows someone who wants one and is willing to pay for it.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,465 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The last straw....?

Booking a 4 star resort only to find they don't serve mojitos (no mint leaves).

I expect that from a 3 star resort but not a 4!

Heck, I can walk 5 minutes to my local pub here in Canada (not a fancy place by any means) and more often than not get a mojito but if I fly 1,500 miles to Cuba to stay in an upper end resort there is no guarantee. There is just no excuse except for management not paying attention to the needs of their guests..

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The last straw....?

halfwaytree...no kidding - what do you mean I can't get a mohito...in Cuba. Cripes.

But not a dealbreaker for me as I can buy my own at the market. My resort pulled out the beer tap from the lobby bar...mucho grande error...and we complain constantly.

NA
Level Contributor
550 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: The last straw....?

If a coconut or a tourist fell on me from the 3rd floor, that would be the last straw!

A tourist holding a coconut would be given a pass...