We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

more on price drop after booking

montreal
Level Contributor
124 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
more on price drop after booking

Thanks for all your positive input my friends.

We just got another PLEASANT surprise. lol It wasn't enough that we're forced to stop in Ottawa, but now our reserved seats in the elite section have been changed. We had the 2 seats right up front so we could stretch out completely and now the've pushed us back a row. You'd think that seeing as how we have the original flight it should be the people in Ottawa who should have to make the adjustments.

I sent an E mail to Sunwing but seeing as how it's the weekend, I'm not very optimistic about the results.

I'm trying to remain Zen but they are slowly chipping away at my patience.

I'm with you from now on I reserve via internet. As a matter of fact that's what I told our agent when we booked- that I was quite capable of doing it myself ( when we arrived there I had all the necessary info printed out ) but that we preferred going through an agent in case crap like this should come up they would have the means to deal with it. OBVIOUSLY not. Next time -on my own - can't do a worse job.

Enough bad vibes ! I'm just going to go with the flow and have a good time in spite of it all.

Wishing you all good vacations and happy holidays

Adel

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
792 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: more on price drop after booking

Just be thankfull that they have not cancelled your trip (yet) :)

I hear your frustration but what can you really do ? cancel your trip and book something else ? who knows eh.

No sense getting all bunged up over an extra stop, changed seats, etc. As long as you get to your destination in one piece with sore knees, have a great time and chillax.

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: more on price drop after booking

Price changes can be weird. In my case I booked for four adults. One is going for one week and the other three for two weeks. Paid in full almost three months in advance. The price now has dropped $250. for the one weeker and raised $625. for the two weekers. I had to speak to Nolitours on a differant matter and mentioned the drop and the rise and received a pleasent surprize. Nolitours has sent me a gift card for booking so early. So in my case I am glad I booked early and saved $1625. plus received a good faith gift card.

montreal
Level Contributor
124 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: more on price drop after booking

I'm glad for you, at least someone has some good news . I never had any problems with Nolitours before either,

Have a great vacation

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: more on price drop after booking

glad you got a rebate. we sure didn't . prices dropped $250. pp as we were booking. didn't even get an acknowledgement from them after booking nolitours a number of times. won't book until very last minute fom now on! carol e.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
637 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: more on price drop after booking

Did you have row A and got pushed back to B? Then be thankful, because row A is not as suchy as it sounds. You are facing a wall, and there is no where to stretch out. There aren't even trays for your meals!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: more on price drop after booking

i wish you the best possible trip, no flight delays/issues and nothing but sunshine!

don't sweat the small stuff... life is too short

7. Re: more on price drop after booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2011, 05:24