We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport VIP lounge

canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Airport VIP lounge

Will someone tell me about VIP lounge in Veradero.

Do you have to book in advance?

What does it cost?

Is it worth the extra expense?

Where do you go when you get to the Airport

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport VIP lounge

VIP service is sometimes 20CUC (if purchased in advance from some tour reps, when and if available) or 25 CUC paid directly to the porter at the airport.

When your bus arrives at the airport, just ask any of the porters for VIP, and you will be directed to one of the VIP porters, who are attired in white shirts/blouses and green vests. Give them 25 CUC.

You will be brought to an express check-in lane, where you will check your bags & get your boarding pass. You will then be taken to the exit tax kiosk, and the porter will take your 25 CUC and pay your exit tax for you. You will then be guided through the shortest security line, and into the VIP lounge, where you can have access to snacks and drinks. There is a separate closed smoking section in the VIP lounge.

Whether or not it is worth it is a personal opinion. If you arrive at the airport at the same time as several flights are leaving, it can take two hours to get through the line-ups and get upstairs to the departure lounge, where there may not be enough seats for everyone. Or, if it is not a busy time at the airport, things may go more quickly.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport VIP lounge

is that cost per person in your group?

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,276 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport VIP lounge

Yes, that is the cost per person.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport VIP lounge

Depending on the time of year... time of day... the airport may be slower and you may not find it "worth it"... last trip I got to the airport and it was a total zoo...huge line ups at check in so I decided to try the VIP... As Madrug said.. they whisk you through the formalities in front of everyone and get you settled in the VIP room. On my next trip I won't pre book it either... but if its busy and i'm tired I would do it again for sure.

I have had bad experiences in the regular departure area where it was almost impossible for my family of 4 to find a place to sit together that wasn't next to somebody sleeping with bare feet up on the chairs etc... lots of "post las vegas" looking faces... Its a pleasure having the solitude of the VIP room.

canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport VIP lounge

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the info.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,361 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport VIP lounge

cpfton, if you put a location more specific than "Canada" in your profile, we can see where you are from and you will get feedback on the times for flights of your home city and advisability of VIP. Last I paid was 23 CUC in November and April 2010 (on resort and airport). Worth it, but somtimes not.

Nelson BC
Level Contributor
840 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport VIP lounge

We always use it, let the green suits take you to the green room. It surprises me how few use it but if your flight gets delayed and ours did and the upstairs fills up it's a tranquil getaway with drinks, food, toilet seats, air conditioning and a seperate room for smokers. We were delayed 2 hrs. so it was great and the airport was jammed at departures to the entrance so it was really nice to be walked thru by our "green" lady.

Hasta La Vista

Drayton Valley...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport VIP lounge

Just wondering if this VIP lounge is for adults only or can children go as well...12 and 14 year old..Thanks

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,276 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport VIP lounge

No problem for children, even babies!

canada
Level Contributor
304 posts