We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Procedure on arrival to Cuba

uk
Level Contributor
142 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Procedure on arrival to Cuba

Ok, panicking a bit now. Started reading about insurance and how Cuba only likes certain Insurance policies (i'm from the UK by the way)

What documentation do we have to provide on arrival in Cuba and what is the procedure when you arrive,also whats this about insurance having to include medical evacuation by air ambulance ? Would you not be covered for that anyway ?

Looking forward to my holiday still but getting a wee bit stressed

Thanks

Gaynory

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
102,155 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Procedure on arrival to Cuba

I wrote an Inside Page which you may find a useful read, although it is based on an arrival into Holguin Airport, but I would imagine it would be similar arriving into Varadero:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g147270-c134530/Cub…

If you need more clarification just ask.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
37,428 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Procedure on arrival to Cuba

The only way you would be covered for medical evacuation is if your holiday insurance covers you. They usually do but best to check.

Burlington
Level Contributor
881 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Procedure on arrival to Cuba

I have been to Varadero 4 times since it came into effect May 1 last year and I have never been asked for proof of insurance. I have it available but have never been asked for it

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
421 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Procedure on arrival to Cuba

Best thing to do when you arrive totally exhausted is to get off the plane proceed through customs get to the tranfer coach arrive at your hotel and HAVE THE BEST HOLIDAY OF YOUR LIFE. This I and many thousands of other people can promise.

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Procedure on arrival to Cuba

In my experience immigration in Cuba is no different to anywhere else... it IS a little intimidating as you are assessed one at a time and have to pass through a door on your own, your partner will follow a few mins later

ENJOY!

ATB,J.

uk
Level Contributor
142 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Procedure on arrival to Cuba

Thanks guys, I feel so much better now. And of course I am looking forward to Cuba, cant wait, its just a bit different from flying to Spain or Greece.

Gaynor

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
102,155 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Procedure on arrival to Cuba

Trust me, the worst thing is the length of the flight.

8. Re: Procedure on arrival to Cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2012, 05:46