We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the best time of year to travel to Cuba?

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Topic
When is the best time of year to travel to Cuba?

We have been researching everywhere for a family vacation and have found a great family resort in Varadero. We have been told that the weather is very unpredictable in Cuba right now with unseasonal temps. Are we safe to go in the middle of March??? Opinions please! :)

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
oshawa
Level Contributor
471 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When is the best time of year to travel to Cuba?

Mid to end of march you should be fine. I would only worry about Jan and feb.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
6,647 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: When is the best time of year to travel to Cuba?

Mid March you're fine...no worries. Take a look at this link ~ Havana is close enough to Varadero so temps, etc. shown should be the same.

www.cubaweather.org/cuba_temperatures.php

Terry

Mentioned in this post
Brantford
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When is the best time of year to travel to Cuba?

I just returned on Friday ,the weather was warm and breezy during the day . I usually go late March early April and the weather is usually hot and breezy,very little rain.

canada
Level Contributor
355 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: When is the best time of year to travel to Cuba?

We always travel in January. Cheaper prices and lets us avoid some of the worst of the winter weather.

Last year it didn't work out as well, but it was cold all over the Caribbean then. This year we had 2 1/2 days of not so good weather out of 14 days.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
806 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When is the best time of year to travel to Cuba?

I am not sure if there is a best time of the year.

Anytime is fine for me, but i prefer early April.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When is the best time of year to travel to Cuba?

The best time to travel to Cuba is when you need a break from the Canadian winter. We always go mid to late April. That way when we return , things are warming up at home . I can't imagine going Jan or Feb and coming back to 3 more months of winter. That would be depressing.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: When is the best time of year to travel to Cuba?

Thanks for the replies. :) I think we are going to take the "chance" for mid March and hope for the best!! Can't wait!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
728 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: When is the best time of year to travel to Cuba?

Don`t forget that most "Spring Breaks" are usually in march and early April and if by your other posts you don`t want to run into unruly teens then I might suggest you avoid these times. Although this would usually be the warmest and least rainy times of the year.

CHEERS

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When is the best time of year to travel to Cuba?

We went the last week of march, and the sun never stopped shining! Only the first day was cloudy in the morning! Amazing weather on an amazing beach!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: When is the best time of year to travel to Cuba?

We were there from March 22 - 29 and the weather was AMAZING!!! Not one cloud in the sky until our last day but it was still a hot and sunny day. Loved every minute of it! :)