We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling type day trips from Varadero

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkelling type day trips from Varadero

Whilst in Varadero I would like to go on some day trips where I can snorkel.

Which ones would people recommend please?

I have also read about the catamaran day trip could anybody tell me what this trip is like please?

Thank you

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,318 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkelling type day trips from Varadero

Here you go. Check out the link. It gives excursions available from Varadero resorts.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147275-c60658/Varade…

Cheers

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkelling type day trips from Varadero

Cheers for the reply above.

Looks like the snorkelling adventure may be for me. Has anyone been on this trip? How long is it for in total?

Do you sit on the bus for ages waiting for it to pick up everyone!!!

Is lunch provided? Or somewhere to go for lunch?

Thank you

Manitoba
Level Contributor
136 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkelling type day trips from Varadero

What hotel are you staying at? Reason I ask is that the beach catamaran (owned by the marina) do 2 hour snorkel trips out to a small reef about 15-20 minutes out (depending on the wind) -- and it's only $20!! We did it twice.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkelling type day trips from Varadero

I'll be staying at the Blau Varadero.

Edited: 14 February 2011, 07:10
Manitoba
Level Contributor
136 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkelling type day trips from Varadero

If you want to do some fast, cheap and good snorkeling, do the small excursion from your hotel. Just talk to the guys on the beach and they will set you up. $20 per person.

We also did the big catamaran tour and it was fun. It is a full day -- we left at 8:20 and came back at 5:00. However, there were 5 hotel stops on the way (we were the 3rd one) but still didn't take a lot of time. It's about a 1 hour ride to the snorkel spot (not very good) then off to the dolphins. The dolphin swim was very good. Then off to the Caco Blanco Island. lunch was great, beach great (they have a water trampoline). Had to wait about 30 minutes for lunch. Rest of the time is free time (until 3:15) and then back the marina.

6. Re: Snorkelling type day trips from Varadero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2012, 12:16