We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worried about luggage allowance

Leeds
Level Contributor
511 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Worried about luggage allowance

We have a bit of a dilemma. Our Thomson holiday allows us up to 23kg checked in luggage each . However we are taking an internal flight from Holguin to Havana (and back again) for 3 days and our travel agent thinks the internal flight allowance is max 20 kg. We don`t usually travel light so will be taking as much as we can as hand luggage. I am even more worried as I keep reading reports of `dodgy` airport officials claiming luggage weighs more than it does and charging exhorbitant excess charges. has anyone experienced this and if so did you just pay up/what can be done if this happens.

I am also a bit worried about the internal flight itself. I know it is not a long journey but have read the aircraft can be very cramped and uncomfortable. I am ok but hate it when it gets `bumpy`.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
99,716 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worried about luggage allowance

Unfortunately although your Thomson flight allows you 23 kgs, you are correct in saying that the internal flight only allows you 20 kgs.

Here is the solution. I believe you have one night at the Pesquero before flying on to Havana. Now firstly Cuba does not have the restrictions on liquids in your hand luggage that we have here in the UK, whilst that might not help you it is worth noting.

Secondly I would repack your cases at the PP to as near 20 kilos as you can guess (you could take them to the gym to weigh them if you were that concerned) and then carry the remainder in with your hand luggage. They never check your hand luggage weight at the International terminal at Holguin and I can't recall them weighing mine when I took an internal flight.

That's the only solution I can suggest.

leeds
Level Contributor
249 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worried about luggage allowance

i have just recentley decideded to buy some luggage scales. bought them at morrisons and am actualy going to take them on holiday with me

small compact and that way you can check your luggage infront of them

Leeds
Level Contributor
511 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worried about luggage allowance

Both great suggestions. I`m telling hubby he will have to cut down on amount of clothes he plans to take as I can`t possible cut down on mine he he.

4. Re: Worried about luggage allowance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2012, 07:23