We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

catamaran excursion

cape breton
Level Contributor
274 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
catamaran excursion

does any one know if it happens on sundays we are interested in this excursion.

Yoho National Park...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: catamaran excursion

We took that catamarran excursion & had the time of our life. Well worth it.

We went on the all day Catamarran trip Easter Sunday last year. I believe they still offer the trip on Sundays. The cost was 99 CUC's per person. A bus will pick you up at your resort & take you to the marina. It left the marina at 9am and returned 5:30pm. The company that offers this excursion is I believe Seafari Cayo Blanco. An unforgettable day aboard a Catamaran. You cruise through the waters of the southern coast of Varadero. Stop for snorkeling in a coral reef before arriving at Cayo Blanco. The beach here is beautiful, with white flour sand beaches. You enjoy a typical Cuban meal on the island with live bands performing. Later sail back with a stop to swim with the dolphins.

The excursion we went on included approx 50 people on the catamarran. It included swimming with the dolphins (no show) for about an hour, snorkelling for 1 1/4 hour, and a seafood or chicken lunch and unlimited drinks at 1pm in Cayo Blanco, at a secluded beach restaurant that caters to this tour. After the lunch we were given time to swim at the beach or just wander around. No shops here. Back on the catamarran by 3:15pm. It was a beautiful day well spent. Lots of music & salsa dancing on the catamarran. This tour also included a sandwich at 10:30am and unlimited drinks.

Hope this answer your question.

Edited: 22 February 2011, 03:17
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: catamaran excursion

Is it still worth the trip if we do not want to snorkel? Just sunbathe and watch OK?

Nelson BC
Level Contributor
946 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: catamaran excursion

It's a great party in or out of the water...do it!!!

Hasta La Vista

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: catamaran excursion

To the original poster... sorry can't comment on Sunday tours as we went on a Friday. I would assume they would be available every day of the week though.

We did the catamaran trip when we were in Varadero early Feb. I didn't get in the water to snorkel ... we had brought our own goggles and snorkels and planned on using their flippers and life jackets. There were no flippers available to use and no life jackets... just the belts that go around your waist. I did not get in the water and there were lots of people who didn't.

If you don't want to get in the water at the dolphin pen that's OK too. It's all up to you and what you're comfortable with. Keep in mind the platform that you stand on at the dolphin pen is EXTREMELY slippery. They do have life jackets available for use there if you need one though.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: catamaran excursion

To Judy - careful hanging out on the boat with an open bar while people are snorkeling!

I was on a sunset cruise and came back to a boatload of extra happy tequila fans. :-)

6. Re: catamaran excursion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 22:18