We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varadero Tours+Digital Cameras?

Ontario
Level Contributor
364 posts
Save Topic
Varadero Tours+Digital Cameras?

We plan on taking alot of the different tours while in Varadero for 2 weeks this April (Sol Palermas). Would appreciate advice from forum members who have been on any tours that won't make it safe (dry) or legal to bring along our digital photo and video cameras?

Regarding various tours + water (snorkeling, dolphins, catamaran, jeep) any tours where we might get stuck having to leave our camera bag while doing part of the tour? I've read during the Jeep tour, while snorkeling, the main Jeep guide watches over all jeeps & belongings? Do the seedoo's during the Jungle tour have dry inside compartments under the seats?

How about Havana tours...cameras allowed in Cigar/Rum factories? Thanks everyone!

-Jo

The Great White...
Level Contributor
993 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Varadero Tours+Digital Cameras?

Every time you leave the jeep on the jeep tour you are told to take all of your belongings with you. You just take turns with who you go with, one holds the camera while the other swims. I guess the best thing you could do if you both want to go in at the same time would be to get someone on your tour that isn't swimming to hold your camera for you.

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Varadero Tours+Digital Cameras?

Hiya

Take as many pictures as possible. I was at a wedding and took the full length of two tapes for the couple. No problems. check about power and converters if needed for recharging batteries

Military areas have restriction but as far as I know the factories are no problem. I have literally thousands of pictures.

Have fun and make sur you don't forget it in the room.

Mardi

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
855 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Varadero Tours+Digital Cameras?

I have been on the Havana Tour, the catamaran tour and at the delphinario. I always kept my digital camera with me and that never created a problem. But, at the delphinario, they charge you 5$ to enter with a camera. I kept my camera in my bag and never paid for the 5$. Don't worry!