We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to book - End of April

Toronto
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best time to book - End of April

I'm sure this topic will help many here, but we're looking to go at the end of April (24th specifically). Traditionally, between now and then are there seat sales, or what is the best time to buy to save some money?

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,672 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to book - End of April

Tripnutz; You might be playing on thin ice this year, because Easter is later than usual (April 24), and the end of April is sometimes the change-over time for some of the heavy winter-holiday season travel (may be fewer flights available).

If there is a specific resort that you wish to go to, you may want to book it when you see it offered at a price that you are comfortable with instead of waiting for a price to be reduced.

Or, if you are willing to gamble, you could wait and see ... as long as you understand that flights may be full closer to the date.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,453 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to book - End of April

In general, seems that Cuba is more expensive this spring than it has been in the past.. Example, we booked in February leaving April 15th for Sirenis Playa Turquesa in Holguin. We paid 1030. We had to book at that time cause we're a group and needed that week specifically. We expected it was going to drop a bit and were willing to suck it up. Right now, our trip is at 1259!

Last minute deals are few and far between right now.. My advice is once you find the resort you want, at a price you're willing to pay-- book it. You may regret waiting and actually end up paying more last minute.

Just my opinion of course.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to book - End of April

What are your opinions on booking for end of May? Wait till busy season over, ex. April 30th. Should we wait or book now? We have no date restrictions which

may be a bonus. Yes or No? Thanks in advance.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to book - End of April

Bump

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,672 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to book - End of April

It might depend on whether or not there are still direct flights from Saskatoon at the end of May. For example most charters from Halifax end around mid-May, and vacations after that usually mean traipsing through Toronto or Montréal, which can add significantly to the travel time and the cost as well.

But if you've got the time and the money for the connecting flight, there can often be good prices and availability at the end of May.

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time to book - End of April

April 30th is the end of peak season. May is cheaper and less crowded. I always book 3-4 days ahead of time since I always have a plan b,c,d.

Plenty of options to Cuba and Caribbean from Toronto. Wait.

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,298 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best time to book - End of April

Agree with Mad - with Easter being late and winter dragging on, demand is high for Cuba this year and you might not be able to get the flight you want. If you are flexible for your departure date and for your destination/resort, you could take a chance, BUT... if the planes are nearly full, the prices might stay where they are now or even rise...!

May is definitely less expensive and too early to book - the prices seem high even for the first week of May. Monitoring the prices a couple of times a day might be a good idea (that's what I'm doing!!), and then book as soon as you find a price you are comfortable with.

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best time to book - End of April

We booked the Blau for April 18th in November and it was something like 1100 each... now the trip is in the area between 1500 to 1700!! Thats a big jump! Glad I booked when I did.

9. Re: Best time to book - End of April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 18:16