We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in the day in Varadero perhaps near to the Blau

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do in the day in Varadero perhaps near to the Blau

I am on holiday for a fortnight in Varadeo and in the middle of this four days will be spent in Havana.

Whilst most days I realise, when in Varadero, will be spent on the beach I did wonder if there were some other things to do.

My friend and I do not like big organised touristy trips and I have read the list of Thomas Cook / Thomson trips and don't wish to do any of these.

I suppose what I'm looking for are little things to break up the time so it's not just spent on the beach.

My thoughts at the moment are do some snorkelling but just arranging this with the guys who are on the beach near the hobiecats/windsurfing.

I might get the train into Varadero town for a few hours wandering around the town for a few hours one morning (however not sure about this as I will be in the town most evenings.)

I have read about the cave but not sure if this is for me as I do get a bit claustrophic in enclosed places if I feel trapped.

My friend and I speak Spanish so we can be quite independent so I'm looking here for other suggestions of other little things to do whilst in Varadero.

We are staying at the Blau and I believe you get free kayaking there (up to half an hour a day I believe) which sounds good. Does anybody know what other free water-based activities are provided at the Blau too?

Thank you

Edited: 05 April 2011, 13:42
1. Re: Things to do in the day in Varadero perhaps near to the Blau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 18:16