We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant reservation query???

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
431 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant reservation query???

hi....just deciding between the Iberostar Veradero and the Tryp..

I noticed on another post, that let's say you are guaranteed a minimum of 3 dinners at al la carte..and if they have 3 different restaurants, you are limited to go to each one only once.

Is this so? I have never encountered this problem at any other resorts on other trips..

Advise thanks!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant reservation query???

I think I said they allow you to dine in each of the 3 a la cartes once per week. I have never asked them to reserve 2 or 3 of the same restaurant for the same week but I'm sure that would be fine. ... and by the way I think there is no guarantee at any time for any a la carte.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant reservation query???

Many get wowed at the japanese at the IBV. Its tepenyaki style (sp?) some cuban guy cracks an egg in front of you....shapes the fried rice in the shape of a heart...and serves you a plate of sushi that is dried up. You can jazz it jup with the "special education" version of wasabi...or plug your nose and gulp it down.

Its a gag fest. Fun to watch though. Dont book twice... The highlight of the japanese restaurant is the fried banana desert. So I have heard.... never have made it through dinner in 4 visits.

I dont book the restaurants at the IBV anymore... the buffet is really good.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant reservation query???

I just read my last posting and ..think I was was bit harsh... If you are from Winnipeg..you should for sure go.

4. Re: Restaurant reservation query???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 03:17