We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Varadero

Alfreton, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Varadero

We are flying out to Varadero next thurs (17th), i have been looking at the weather and it shows thunderstorms.Should i be worried? All i want is a nice hot relaxing holiday.Can anyone help? PLEASE

leeds
Level Contributor
249 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Varadero

http://www.cubaweather.org/

is the the site your checking, as you will see it normally thunderstorms late afternoon or evening plenty of time to chill on the beach or round the pool

Alfreton, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Varadero

Thanks for the info i have just checked that site. I have been looking at the weather channel. As long as a get some sun. i dont mind.

Toronto, Canada
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Varadero

im supposed to be going 19-26 and its showing rain and thunder for the 19-22 so far, im really worried as well. Dont know if I should change the dates around

Alfreton, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Varadero

From what i have read the rain only lasts for minutes and it soon dries up. I would go and enjoy your holiday whatever the weather.

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
468 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Varadero

One Cuban told me that weather forcasting is like women , sometimes yes and sometimes no. Therefore dont worry about it. Nothing like a nice tropical rain after a day of blistering heat. It was wonderful and it makes everyting green and lush.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Varadero

It always looks a lot worse on paper..I Wouldn't worry about it....Here is another site that I use

http://www.accuweather.com/forecast.aspx?partner=accuweather&metric=1&loc=CAC|CU|CU011|VARADERO&week=15

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,424 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Varadero

Here is a direct link to the site that lovecuba7 posted, using the tinyurl that Bellagio posted for shortening long addresses:

http://tinyurl.com/3tqrc85

montreal
Level Contributor
10,246 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Varadero

I came back from Varadero this Monday as we aere there for 2 weeks and these sites had the same weather once again and what did i get hot hot hot as the only rain we got was 1 day and a couple of days was of rain at night time ....

Newcastle Upon Tyne...
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Varadero

The best site I've used for weather is wunderground (google it). It gives a breakdown of average, historical and current temperatures for 24hours a day 7 days in advance. You can also check the almanac for previous years so you can see what the weather was like this time last year/ 10 years ago.

Toronto, Canada
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in Varadero

@gat0

so the weather was mainly sunny? im supposed to be headed there 19-26 and it shows all rain and thunderstorms. i'm worried