We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuatro Palmas-January 29-February 12th-questions?

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Cuatro Palmas-January 29-February 12th-questions?

Just returned from this resort--any questions.......?

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
855 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cuatro Palmas-January 29-February 12th-questions?

Finally someone with info on this resort!!! I will be staying across the street in the bungalows in the section called Las Palmas. Any comments about it? How is the animation team and the shows? Is it true that the beach bar is not free? Any other comments will be appreciated. I will be there in mid-april. Thanks! Chantal

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
855 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cuatro Palmas-January 29-February 12th-questions?

Hi again Blondie, I have just read your review of this resort. Why exactly do you think the rooms are not appropriate across the street for a 2 week stay? I will be there only for a week but since it does depend what you are looking for, I am interested in knowing what exactly you thought was wrong about it. Thank you again!

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cuatro Palmas-January 29-February 12th-questions?

Hi Maya"

Do request an upgrade on your room...You definatly want to be in the main building.

I spoke to many people who were given the rooms across the street, and none, absolutly none, were willing to stay there even for a few days, let alone a week or 2...

I did venture over, remembering your question before I left for the Cuatro in January. They struck me as quite charming and rather cute. This was of course before i had spoken to anyone who was in one of those rooms. Then I started to hear. One couple invited me over to see for myself---well---old--tired--mold--leaking faucets-mildew--and cockroaches for a start. Not to mention the inconvenience of all the immenities being across the street that many complained about..

Even one gentlemen who was a consisitent Cuatro visitor (13 years) was appaled at the conditions and was proceeding to move to the main building rooms which was days away because of the high volume of people booked in that week.

All was negative about those rooms Maya. The Colonial section was not much better. I was given one of those rooms in the beginning..

I was moved without problem to the main building facing the street which was 100% better.. Much larger and up to date--clean !

Others that complained were given pool side and beachfront rooms as I don't think the hotel was full the first week.

This is a very lively hotel..Lots of music all the time in all parts of the resort.

I understand that after midnight, drinks are no longer "free" and must be paid for..Lobby bar for sure..Pool bar closes very early. The Cuba bar is only open in the evening. I'm sorry but don't recall a beach bar.I think this would be the Cuba bar you are referring too...Very good drinks there and quite the gathering place at night as the place is comfortable and you get the ocean breeze and sunsets etc..

Entertainment is at 9.30 each night just off the pool..Very nice costumes and dancers. Something different every night..Participation night was fun.....

Any other questions Maya......?

regards...

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cuatro Palmas-January 29-February 12th-questions?

O yes--animation team was a bit "standoffish", considered rude by some.

At other resorts I've been too, the animation teams are very interactive with the guests, but not at the Cuatro. They mostly hang with themselves and ask once in awhile if you wanted to join in the salsa dance lessons or arobics.. If only a few people wished to participate, they simply didn't bother.

They were very low key in the daytime hours, but I cannot comment on the nightime activities....

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
855 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cuatro Palmas-January 29-February 12th-questions?

Thank you for your reply! Where exactly is located the Cuba bar then? I take lightly your info about the rooms across the street as I will never be there. It definitely depends on your needs. As long as I have a bed. Reading your comments, I am not sure I would book if I hadn't... But, I have had comments from people who stayed both across the street and in the main building who though the rooms were the same. If it is the distance, it is fine with me, no problem at all! Thank you again!

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cuatro Palmas-January 29-February 12th-questions?

I would be interested in hearing from you when you get back. Enjoy yourself and enjoy the many positives about this place. Perfect location, fabulous beach, super friendly clientel, the well taken care of landscape, etc....chow..

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cuatro Palmas-January 29-February 12th-questions?

Cuba Bar is next door to the buffet (main) restaurant...On the beachside...

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
855 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cuatro Palmas-January 29-February 12th-questions?

So, no drinks at all during the day while at the beach???

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cuatro Palmas-January 29-February 12th-questions?

It's just a short jaunt to the Pool Bar and Lobby Bar......