We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellamar Caves?

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
855 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Bellamar Caves?

Would you recommend going on that trip? How long is it? How much approximately? Is a visit to Matanzas worth it? I don't feel at ease swimming in the caves, should I be worried? Is the water clean?

By the way, I have already been in La Havana, done the catamaran tour and the delphinario before.

Just trying to find a new excursion to enjoy!

Ontario
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bellamar Caves?

If you have asthma it is not recommended as the caves have a 100% humidity level. I had an attack on my way out. It's neat to see, but it's a lot of slippery walking. Would I reccomend it? Yes, I feel you should try everything once. The guides give you a lot of neat history and information about the caves. If you want to take any kind of pictures inside the caves, make sure you bring money with you as you have to pay. When I went it was $5.00 american, not sure what it is now with the currency change. If you are going for 2 weeks try the trinidad/mountain tour, it's an overnighter, but well worth it.