We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varadero Airport

Ontario
Level Contributor
413 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Varadero Airport

I've read all the info. re: VIP lounge a good idea when departing Varadero IF there's a huge line-up.

My question is, if I keep $100 in Cuban $ ($25 each to depart, and a possible $20-$25 ea. for the VIP lounge) but the line is short and I don't need the VIP $, is there a place to exchange back to Cdn. $?

thanks.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,391 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Varadero Airport

Yes, there is a kiosk upstairs in the departure lounge. The rate isn't great though ...

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Varadero Airport

There is also the main Cadeca in the departures area. If you enter the airport and it doesn't seem to be too busy,take your place in line,while one of you goes and exchanges your money,it should only take a minute or so.The Cadeca is just to your left as you enter the airport.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Varadero Airport

If you really want to change it back to Canadian, then be prepared to get ripped off.......Consider buying some souvenirs ,Rum or cigars or just keep the left over cuc for your next trip.That's if you plan to return back to Cuba...

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,391 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Varadero Airport

Make sure to keep at least a few CUC for the departure lounge in case you want a coffee or a beer. If your flight is delayed, you may end up needing to change Canadian $ back to CUC ...

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Varadero Airport

Can you smoke in the Cuba Airport ?

montreal
Level Contributor
10,218 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Varadero Airport

Yes you can on a section of the Airport upstairs as they have a small room for smokers ......

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
231 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Varadero Airport

If the flight was delayed you would be a lot happier in the VIP lounge I have been there and done that and weather the airport is busy or not the VIP lounge is worth every penny that it costs you. Real comfy smoking lounge in there are you can come and go as you please.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Varadero Airport

we just returned via Varadero airport

the airport is under construction. The Cadeca is outside the building just as you come out the arrivals. the bathrooms are outside accross the road to the left. The VIP is under constructino, and if you want to smoke its at the bottom of the stairs to the VIP

hope this helps some of you

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Varadero Airport

Saw the renos going on a month ago...Does it look like they still have along time til completion ?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Varadero Airport

they look like it should be done soon, but who knows it's Cuba right, Cuba time haha