We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for resort with boutique hotel feel

Canada
Level Contributor
488 posts
251 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for resort with boutique hotel feel

We're thinking about a trip to Varadero next March. We're used to staying at small, boutique hotels, and I get a bit nervous looking at the size of the hotels in this area. Can anyone recommend a resort that has the feel of a smaller hotel?

We definitely don't want a place that plays music by the beach or the pool -- a peaceful vibe is what we enjoy. Also we're looking for somewhere that serves good food (doesn't have to be five-star dining).

Thanks for your help!

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for resort with boutique hotel feel

When you say small how small do you mean? I'd check out the Iberostar Tainos, we stayed there last year and it was great. It would be what I'd call a small resort at 272 rooms. About half the resort is bungalow style accomodations and the other half is a hotel style. We had a bungalow and I would highly recommend this over the hotel part. Food was great by Cuban standards and the staff were exceptional. The small resort allows you to get to know the staff really well and they knew our names within the first day or two. Breezes Jibacoa was also a great small resort, but the food wasn't as good but they have a coral reef that allows for great snorkeling. Both resorts have great reviews and I highly recommend them with the edge going to the Tainos. We tend to stick with smaller resorts if possible.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,739 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for resort with boutique hotel feel

You may want to look at Xanadu Mansion. It is one of the only places of its type in Varadero. Check here for details:

www.varaderogolfclub.com/en/accomodation.asp

Another recommendation would be Las Morlas – it has only 143 rooms and is within walking distance to the town of Varadero, where there are many restaurants, bars, etc. Las Morlas contracts about 100 of the rooms to an Italian tour operator. It is a solid 3.5 star resort.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
589 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for resort with boutique hotel feel

Xanadu's an excellent recommendation Mad. I also have long favored Los Delfines. Small scale, right in the middle of town (instead of way out/removed on the peninsula) is why I like it.

4. Re: Looking for resort with boutique hotel feel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 00:17