We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how faraway are the 5* resorts from downtown varadero

Toronto Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
how faraway are the 5* resorts from downtown varadero

HI folks! my fiance and I are planing to go to varadero first week of may , and are planing to stay at a 5* but intend to visit the core of varadero often, especialy to party at night.If anyone can tell us of their experiance it would be fantastic help. thanks for your time.

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
855 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how faraway are the 5* resorts from downtown varadero

They are at the far end of the peninsula. I don't think you can walk from there!

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how faraway are the 5* resorts from downtown varadero

Iberostar Varadero, the two Sandals resorts and the Barcelo Marina Palaca are all at the end of the peninsula - about a $12 - 15 cab ride from downtown Varadero. You can also take the double decker bus for $5.00 for the entire day - get on and off as much as you want!!!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
753 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how faraway are the 5* resorts from downtown varadero

Agreed it is much to far to walk from any of the nicer resorts. We stayed at Playa Alameda and it was very nice but atleast 12 pesos to get a cab. The double decker bus is good but stops running to early for the bars. Best advise is to either make friends with other couples looking to party and share the cab fees or stay down the other end of Varadero in a 4* The Melia Las Americas looks ok and has a popular night club right in it. Also the Blau Varadero is brand new and closer. Hope this helps.

Toronto Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how faraway are the 5* resorts from downtown varadero

Hi friends, thank you very much for your info.