We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soooo Mad!!

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,307 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Soooo Mad!!

So, I just found out from the Hotel directly that the main pool at Tryp Peninsula (with swim up bar) is completely closed for repairs and will remain that way throughout our entire trip next week.

Transat Holidays was not even aware of it, I had to forward them the email I received from the resort.

Now I'm waiting to find out if they'll "allow" us to change resorts, otherwise we're off to a weeks vacation in Cuba, with NO pool (unless we wanna hang out in the kiddie one)

Grrrr! Just sharing my frustration!

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,228 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soooo Mad!!

Wow, that is frustrating! Keep us posted on what Transat offers you.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soooo Mad!!

That's unfortunate, Let us know what options you get?

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,273 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Soooo Mad!!

That is a bummer, and it underlines that some tour operators don’t give a hoot about keeping abreast of renovations and/or communicating those changes to their clients. There is often more up-to-date and relevant info on TA.

Hang in there, and keep your fingers crossed that you’ll either be able to change to a property with a swim-up bar, or that you will have a “Eureka!” moment and decide that swim-up bars are bad things! LOL

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,307 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soooo Mad!!

LOL, thanks. It's looking good for a resort change. Thank God for TA-- it's only because of someone's review that I learnt about the renos. I then emailed the resort directly, who confirmed this.

My travel agent is hard at work with Transat, telling them that we deserve an upgrade to another hotel (I'd actually settle for a lateral move) and that they should thank me for advising them of this.

Waiting for a call back, very impatiently.....

brampton
Level Contributor
595 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Soooo Mad!!

they do have another pool, i believe its by the beach......its called the ocean.

Parkhill
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Soooo Mad!!

yes, but it doesn't have a swim up bar.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,307 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Soooo Mad!!

Well-- I'm screwed.

Transat refuses to do a thing for us. They say that since the hotel has not advised them of any renovations that my information is "hearsay". Even though, they have seen the email from the Sales Manager at the Tryp. Unreal. So, we go, or we lose our money.

We can't even cancel without a major penalty since our trip is 6 days away, not 7.

Transat Holidays, never ever again.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,273 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Soooo Mad!!

Cubajunkie; Go immediately to your happy place. Don't stay where you are right now - there is a nasty aura of anger around it. Move on ... look forward to the good things for your holidays. I know, I know ... easier said than done.

It is frustrating, no question. The renovations and repairs need to get done at some time, and tour operators should let their guests know that is ALWAYS a possibility during the low / shoulder season.

Hearsay ... ha! Some information from TA forums & reviews has faaarrrr more credibility than that of a tour operator.

Parkhill
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Soooo Mad!!

Is there a neighbouring hotel? Once there, you may be able to negotiate a day use of a neighbouring hotel.

St.Jerome, Quebec
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Soooo Mad!!

Cubajunkie: Take pics while you are there of any work being done to the pool. You will have evidence if you should decide to take it up with your travel agent and/or tour operator. Try to not let this spoil your vacation. You can always mention your disappointment to your rep when you get there if indeed the pool is unavailable. Have a great time.