We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed Size

Victoria
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Bed Size

Are the beds big enough for two adults to sleep in?? I've noticed that you can either get 1 king of two 3/4's. We need two beds large enough for my husband and I and then we have daughters both aged 14.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed Size

Which hotel are staying at?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed Size

Will your hotel allow 4 in a room?

Victoria
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed Size

We haven't chose a hotel yet. I notice most hotels offer either a King or two twins which won't work. That is why I am wondering. Also is the Double size bed the same as we would have in Canada?

Victoria
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed Size

I am trying to book on-line and quite often when I put the ages in with the two 14 year olds I am unable to complete the booking.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bed Size

That may be because quite a few resorts will only accept 3 adults to a room and a 14 yr. old is often considered an adult (as far as vacations go).

Victoria
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bed Size

Good Point, thanks!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bed Size

It will be very hard to find a hotel room in Varadero that accepts 4 adults in one room, I know that Brisas Del Caribe does offer a family room but other than that the options are far and few in between. I would strongly suggest booking two rooms considering you are not going to get any discount on your 14yr olds since they are considered adults..

Canada
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bed Size

Some hotels such as Sirenis La Salina advertise as one king or two doubles in some brochures when in fact the "doubles" are realy 3/4 beds. Someone told me you see a lot of this sized bed in Cuba. Definitely smaller than a double and with one long pillow rather than two pillows (at least that's what we had at SLS).

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
375 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bed Size

I agree with ddcuba. Two rooms is the way to go because there is no savings otherwise. Also, I think two 14 year old girls will be very happy with their own bathroom.

10. Re: Bed Size

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 22:19