We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clamato in Cuba?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
201 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Clamato in Cuba?

I'm just going on a hunch here but I'm guessing Clamato is pretty scarce, if they have it at all, in Cuba.

What I'm wondering is, would it be ok to bring a few bottles of it with me in my checked luggage? I just want to get on with my vaca without being stopped. It'd probably be a 6 pack of 500ml bottles. Ceasers are my hangover cure and I tend to get sick of fruity drinks and beer that's not my usual, so it'd just be nice to have. Thanks :)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,361 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clamato in Cuba?

In Varadero, the Cuban variation, Kermato (black can) is widely available at most hotel shops and at the supermarket in Plaza Las Americas.

Not quite the real thing, but hits the spot when you need a ceasar in the morning.

I still often bring a 6 pack of the small bottles with me if I have the weight allowance in check. The real thing and those bottles are durable. I put 3 each in ziplocs, wrap in plastic bags and never once have exploded.

Edited: 20 October 2011, 02:50
Port Colborne...
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clamato in Cuba?

I pass up packing extras to bring my own with me :-)... I also package it in a plastic bag but never had an issue.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clamato in Cuba?

Brought 1 liter jugs in my suitcase. No problems!

North Shields...
Level Contributor
308 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clamato in Cuba?

what is this substance/liquid you are talking about ?

North Shields...
Level Contributor
308 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clamato in Cuba?

never mind, googled it

eeeeuuuuuuuggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Thunder Bay
Level Contributor
483 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clamato in Cuba?

Google Caesar Pleaser mix......I havent tried it yet but plan on getting some to bring when we go south in November.

Edited: 20 October 2011, 13:35
Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero, Windsor
Level Contributor
3,449 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clamato in Cuba?

eugh? I assume that means you would like it, cause it's wonderful stuff, with (best) or without some added vodka.

Perth, Canada
Level Contributor
375 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clamato in Cuba?

Hubby and I ordered the Caesar Pleaser mix and it's great! We plan on bringing them with us to Cuba in Feb/March together with the fixings!

Missy Jane

Level Contributor
588 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Clamato in Cuba?

aapierre,

You go Ugggggh when you eat Peas Pudding up here and Chicken Parmesan in Middlesborough!!

But got to agree with you - Clamato sounds like Devil food.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,273 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Clamato in Cuba?

There is nothing like a large glass of spicy Clamato juice to set the world right – especially the morning after the night before!