We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Princessa del Mar or Sandals

north bay ontario
Level Contributor
208 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Paradisus Princessa del Mar or Sandals

We are choosing between these two resorts to go this Christmas. We are a couple in our 50's and like a good beach, nice room, good drinks (not domestic), some nightly entertainment and good food. Both are adults but Sandals is couples only and we are not sure if that would be mostly honeymooners. Could somebody who has stayed at both give us some pros and cons to help us make our decision. We also so Melia Las Americas but some say it is very old? Thanks for you help.

Canada
Level Contributor
489 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus Princessa del Mar or Sandals

Speaking as someone who has only been to Sandals, it is not all honeymooners. I would say that there is a good mix of twenty somethings all the way to people in their 70's. It is always a very relaxing vacation. Good food, good drinks and an excellent beach. I'm sure the Paradisus has good points as well. The couples only aspect puts it over the top for me, though.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
287 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus Princessa del Mar or Sandals

I originally looked at both but have booked into sandals as just had the edge over the princessa. Were not on a honeymoon, my uncle visits twice a year and has done for about ten years or so which is saying something. They seem to have A LOT of repeat customers and all of a mixed age range. I don't think you'd feel out of place at all, it's just couples and there will be some honeymooners. Sandals all the way.

3. Re: Paradisus Princessa del Mar or Sandals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 20:19