We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Las Americas Room Question

north bay ontario
Level Contributor
239 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Melia Las Americas Room Question

What type of rooms are better. It says that there are bungalows and junior suites and rooms and not sure if there are only two storey bungalows or if there is a choice. I have gone to the website and through the pictures but can anyone tell me what their favorite room location was. I see that some of the bungalows are near the ocean with a swim up bar and barbeque which seems nice but not sure which ones they would be or if the ocean view rooms would be nicer. Has there been any rennovations done on the rooms? We need some help from the forum. If anyone has a favorite room number and tell us why that would be great.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,152 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Las Americas Room Question

it has been awhile since I have been there but this is a great resort (dated) but I had a two story honeymoon suite to myself on my first solo trip... (last one checking in)... great foyer, great musicians.. great a la cartes... never saw the swim up bar but four days into my trip, I sprained by ankle...so voyaging out and about became somewhat limited...but absolutely loved this resort...

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia Las Americas Room Question

I have stayed twice at this resort.The first time we booked a room and although it was nice we found the hotel could be noisy at times.The next time we booked a junior suite.It was close to the swim up bar.It had 2 levels.There was a living/dining room ,kitchenette and half bath on the first level and bedroom with balcony and bathroom on the 2nd level.It was very large and although dated we enjoyed all the room it offered.Our friends who also booked a junior suite,were a few doors down and their suite was just as large but was all on 1 level.Sorry I can't remember room numbers but we really enjoyed the resort and particularly the area of the resort we were in.

B.C.
Level Contributor
205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia Las Americas Room Question

We stayed in a junior suite in the

Main building107. It was quiet, just off the lobby.. No noise, main floor. We really liked it. We spent a lot of time At the bungelow pool by the ocean ... We would loved to have been in one of those rooms as well. I did not find that the walk to the buffet was as long as it has been reported in some posts. If you want send me your email on a pm and I will send you some pictures. You will love the resort!!

London England
Level Contributor
62 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia Las Americas Room Question

Please can you send me some pictures of this resort and room choices? we are thinking of going.

Thank you

Yvonne1shoshan@yahoo.co.uk

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia Las Americas Room Question

yvonne1j: Take a look at this link...

meliacuba.com/cuba-hotels/…guest-rooms

6. Re: Melia Las Americas Room Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2013, 10:20