We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody ever use Sell Off Vacations.com to book?

Ottawa
Level Contributor
179 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Anybody ever use Sell Off Vacations.com to book?

Just wondering if anyone has ever booked with them and if so, how did you like it? Did everything go well? We booked with an agent here, since we like seeing someone in person (though its not a must for us) and I just saw that our trip, a week after booking it, is now selling for $120 less per person!! i know i know, i shouldnt look at prices after i've booked, it was by mistake (i went on the Signature website to show my friend the pictures of the resort and then noticed the price). Our agent says there is nothing he can do (Signature doesnt offer any price drop garantee), had we booked with Sell Off, we would have paid the lowest price advertised all the way til the day of our departure...could've saved quite a bit!! Thanks! :)

247 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,856 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody ever use Sell Off Vacations.com to book?

I have booked with Sell off for a cruise. At that time they did not have a price guarantee and the next week the cruise went down in price. I also have waited and had prices go up. It's a gamble.

Edited: 11 November 2011, 20:44
Ottawa
Level Contributor
179 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody ever use Sell Off Vacations.com to book?

How did you like their service when you booked with them? Were there any problems at all?

Definitely a gamble to book a vaca, but thats why i find it so cool to have that "gamble" taken away with their price drop guarantee. But obviously, its only worth it if their service is decent :)

Cold Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody ever use Sell Off Vacations.com to book?

We only use Sell Off and/or Escapes.ca love them both. We find they have the lowest prices on Edmonton/Calgary departures. Easy to navigate websites and great customer service, never had a problem. This last time when I booked our trip, the price dropped $150 pp the next day and there was no price protection guarantee offered but I called anyways just to see if they could do anything. They called Nolitours and we were upgraded from a super saver room category to an oceanview making me a very happy customer!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,856 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody ever use Sell Off Vacations.com to book?

I experienced no problems with the service of sell off.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anybody ever use Sell Off Vacations.com to book?

I've used them numerous times as well as itravel2000.com Never had a problem with either.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anybody ever use Sell Off Vacations.com to book?

I've used them with no problem. However my vacation went smoothly, so it's not like they had to DO anything for me other than take my booking.

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anybody ever use Sell Off Vacations.com to book?

I've used them a couple of times. They didn't have price guarantee at the time either but was happy with their service. I've also used itravel2000 and retag and didn't have any problems.

It's too temping to check prices after booking so I just step away from the computer. No sense kicking yourself after the fact, it's the chance you take.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,468 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anybody ever use Sell Off Vacations.com to book?

I use them when ever I can!

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,318 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anybody ever use Sell Off Vacations.com to book?

"had we booked with Sell Off, we would have paid the lowest price advertised all the way til the day of our departure.."

Don't bet on it. Read the fine print.

Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
12 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anybody ever use Sell Off Vacations.com to book?

Booked on-line and through agents, never a problem, got what we booked.

Reply to: Anybody ever use Sell Off Vacations.com to book?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted