We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Double Decker Bus & Cheap Travellers passing tickets.....

sherwood park...
Level Contributor
90 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Double Decker Bus & Cheap Travellers passing tickets.....

This is more a comment not really a question......I can't believe how cheap some people who travel are....there have been numerous comments regarding passing of the all day ticket to the next person in line when you get off the bus and are done with your ticket.....really its 5 CUC's......if everyone did this you may find this service being no longer available..... this really bothers me...does it bother anyone else?

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Double Decker Bus & Cheap Travellers passing tickets.....

Yes and I agree with you.

A very sad state of affairs if we start worrying about 5 CUCs and as you say, this could certainly drive the service out of business completely !!

Port Colborne...
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Double Decker Bus & Cheap Travellers passing tickets.....

can not be any worse than the girls on buses reselling them, they ask you if you are done for the day and then ask for the ticket back, seen that many times, and the 5 CUC does not go with the rest of the cash.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Double Decker Bus & Cheap Travellers passing tickets.....

Woops sorry, I threw the ticket away !

sherwood park...
Level Contributor
90 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Double Decker Bus & Cheap Travellers passing tickets.....

Sunshine4me2.....yep I agree I paid , got my ride and oooppps thru ticket away......

Fredericton
Level Contributor
269 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Double Decker Bus & Cheap Travellers passing tickets.....

The latest is-------------Are you going on the tour,or just going back to your resort? The cost is 5CUC each for the tour, or 5CUC together to return to your resort. Of course, there is NO ticket issued to just return to the resort !!

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Double Decker Bus & Cheap Travellers passing tickets.....

I understood that you pay your 5CUC and get on and off as often (and where) you like ??

So 5 CUC ticket pretty much covers anything........... right ?

sherwood park...
Level Contributor
90 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Double Decker Bus & Cheap Travellers passing tickets.....

sunshine4me2.....I thought the 5 CUC's was ride all day where ever you are going but Harveco.....seems to say that they have changed that.....I guess I will have to wait a month to see how they are operating it now...

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Double Decker Bus & Cheap Travellers passing tickets.....

No, I think that people are just explaining the different 'scams' that are being used on this very 'cheap and worthwhile' service.

london
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Double Decker Bus & Cheap Travellers passing tickets.....

i dont no about Varadero but they have this bus in gaurdalavace to and to honest couldn't see the point of it.5cuc per person (x 4, 20cuc) yet a taxi will only cost 5 cuc for all 4 of you and you get to have a chap to the driver on the way.

we had a lovely 1928 ford model T that took us to Gaurdalavace for 5 cuc, ok i admit he did try to get 15cuc out of us first of all but once he relized we understood that it cost 5 cuc no matter what the car is he was happy with 5 cuc.. having said that we gave him 10 cuc anyway as we stopped off for 5 minutes to take a few pics of us sat in the car.

so same price as the bus but what an experience being in such a great car.

Port Colborne...
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Double Decker Bus & Cheap Travellers passing tickets.....

the 5 cuc for the hop on hop off bus in Varadero is good for the whole day. You can go on the bus as many times as you want during the day. Yes we were explaining all the little scams that go on with the passes by staff members.

there are designated locations where you can get off and on

Edited: 15 November 2011, 19:04