We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Open space for Frisbeer(beersbee) at the Blau or beach?

Calgary
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
Open space for Frisbeer(beersbee) at the Blau or beach?

Was thinking it might be fun to bring along Frisbeer with me when I go but wanted to makes sure there are some open spaces that would be okay to play in.

Also how deep is the beach now? I know it changed a fair bit the past few times I was there. IE from the shrubs to the water

Cold Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Open space for Frisbeer(beersbee) at the Blau or beach?

lol although I can't answer your question I love it!!!! We play this all the time while camping and quading May long weekend out west in Caroline (we are from Three Hills/Delburne)! I cant imagine packing our metal poles all the way to Cuba so I imagine you have some plastic ones??? We are staying at Breezes Varadero Dec 5-19 and if you figure out how to play this game in Cuba and are there at the same time let us know lol Good luck!!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
205 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Open space for Frisbeer(beersbee) at the Blau or beach?

Sounds like fun - when will you be at the Blau (if you don't mind me asking)?

Calgary
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Open space for Frisbeer(beersbee) at the Blau or beach?

"I cant imagine packing our metal poles all the way to Cuba so I imagine you have some plastic ones???"

Yep I designed some that I can take apart and are in 19" sections so they will fit in any of my luggage :) Just sorting out a base tonight to let me play on a field so its not just on the beach.

My only worry is what airport security is going to think when they see pipes inside luggage LOL. Im going to print nice FULL instructions and and explanation what it is and put it right on top in my luggage.

I think it would be a great thing to play on the beach! But also want the option of playing in a field. Regardless im willing to bet it will be a riot and good for some laughs!

I just googled Blau photos and it does look like there area some large fields that would work great :)

I am in Varadero from the 12th til the 19th

As for time to play well maybe I should do a post to organize a game time/times on the beach towards town :) I know I have plans on the 12 visiting my brother in laws family farm and spending the 13th with my sister and him , but other than that its pretty open. He is going to be hanging out with me till the 16th likely so thought it would be fun for a local to experience some Random Canadian culture via drinking games HAHAHAHA and let him show me the night clubs :)

Ill sort my schedule a bit more and figure out some days that are free.

Edited: 25 November 2011, 19:36
Toronto
Level Contributor
205 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Open space for Frisbeer(beersbee) at the Blau or beach?

Rats - we'll be at the Blau the week after you. But I really appreciate that you brought this up - it sounds like a lot of fun. If you have a minute, I'd love if you could message me and tell me how you've managed to make the poles in 19" sections. And if you've got the instructions already to put in your suitcase, maybe you could e-mail me a copy of those for my suitcase too. It sounds like a really great game to play at an all-inclusive in Cuba - lots of beer, lots of time, lots of fun:)

5. Re: Open space for Frisbeer(beersbee) at the Blau or beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 November 2011, 19:34
Edited: 30 November 2011, 19:34
Calgary
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Open space for Frisbeer(beersbee) at the Blau or beach?

Wanted to thank Tom at www.realalberta.com for allowing me to post the rules of beersbee as per his site

If you want to see the real Western Canadian way of playing the game read his full post at http://www.realalberta.com/rules-of-beersbee

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Open space for Frisbeer(beersbee) at the Blau or beach?

How have I never heard of this before?!?! AWESOME!

Toronto
Level Contributor
205 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Open space for Frisbeer(beersbee) at the Blau or beach?

Kieran, this is excellent - thank you so much for taking the time and energy to post all these details. And wow, the PVC pipes are cheap, light-weight (great in the suitcase), and should be real easy to put together.

This will be great fun, and I think you're right - there will be people not only watching, but also asking to play. Thanks for posting !

Calgary
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Open space for Frisbeer(beersbee) at the Blau or beach?

"How have I never heard of this before?!?! AWESOME!"

Its not a hugely common game by any means kinda like crokinole, few people know about it but is SO much fun once you play it and like me you will hopefully spread the word. Way more fun and entertaining than throwing a football around!

and Succeed_2 No problem at all, only took a few minutes to type out. Coming up with just how to build the darn thing with the constraints of dimensions, weight and functionality well that was a whole other story, and took a good half hour walking the isles of home depot back and forth running possible concepts thru my head before it came together. Would have been easier to buy one online but I love the challenge of the process :) And yes pvc was a very inexpensive solution, I think all in it was less the $20 for all the parts even with the glue.

Enjoy the game! and if you do like and and want to do it for camping etc I do suggest more stable poles!

Windsor, Ontario
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Open space for Frisbeer(beersbee) at the Blau or beach?

My sister and I will be at the Blau from Dec. 9 - 19 ... count us in!