We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dirtiest Hotel .... Latest review.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Dirtiest Hotel .... Latest review.

The latest review for the ILA describes it as 'the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed at !!'

I know that recent reviews have been a bit 'hit and miss' for this hotel, but I can't recall any other reference made to lack of cleanliness within the hotel. I just don't understand how some reviews can be so very different to others. I know the person referred to other problems they encountered on this holiday, so maybe they just felt generally aggrieved by the whole experience.

Any thoughts on this ? ........... Thanks in advance.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dirtiest Hotel .... Latest review.

"maybe they just felt generally aggrieved by the whole experience."

----------------------------------------------------------------

I really think that's the case..

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
418 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dirtiest Hotel .... Latest review.

Plus the fact that they are clearly comparing to 5 star hotels elsewhere in the world ("my wife and I have stayed at 5 star hotels before..." etc), and very clearly did no research beforehand (1st trip to Cuba) and expected the Ritz Carleton or Waldorf Astoria. And it's their one and only TA contribution, fairly clear they are on a mission to diss the hotel. I would laugh it off and hit the "ignore" button.

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,516 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dirtiest Hotel .... Latest review.

I agree with ddcuba. I recently read a review of the Iberostar Tainos in which the reviewer claimed that the staff were among the rudest in Cuba. Anybody who has ever stayed at the Tainos would know this the reviewer obviously has a bone to pick as the staff are among the most friendly you could meet and this is an almost universally accepted opinion for those who have been to the Tainos. It is unfortunate that silly reviews can ruin someone's perception of a resort and ultimately lead them to chose other options without being accurately informed. My mother booked the Tainos after visiting me and my girlfriend last year and she even said had she not seen it for her own eyes that the review might have made her worry. Single reviews good or bad can't be counted on, you're looking for a pattern of consitent problems otherwise take complaints with a grain of salt. Most of it stems from unrealistic expectations. I'm sure the ILA is a great resort and you will have a great time don't let a silly review ruin it for you. Cheers

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
6,144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dirtiest Hotel .... Latest review.

I agree with you KatCanuck. Some just plain like to beach too. ;-)

The negative reviews that make me laugh the most are the ones where they attach photos of broken tiles, or worn bath tubs, etc. etc. etc. as if they're building a CSI case and entering everything into evidence. Too funny!

Terry

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,814 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dirtiest Hotel .... Latest review.

While everyone’s tolerance level to situations is different, I can empathize with the reviewer being irked about the trip to Havana with no guide – despite having arranged for one and paid for one at the resort. So much for “legal” companies! LOL

It’s the last Friday of the year. Happy New Year to all.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
6,144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dirtiest Hotel .... Latest review.

And to you too, Mad. All the best to you and yours in the new year.

Terry :)

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dirtiest Hotel .... Latest review.

Thanks, I agree with all the above. Just thought I would see what others thought about it. I am still looking forward to going (in fact i can't wait.)

Thanks again all ................. A Very Happy New Year to you all.

montreal
Level Contributor
10,888 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dirtiest Hotel .... Latest review.

Yikes poor guy sure had a bad vacation but hey its his experience and thats why they have TA for good or bad reviews as its his vacation and it looks like he had a bad time .

I love how many times he wrote ...........Then this is the hotel for you!!.............

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,899 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dirtiest Hotel .... Latest review.

I remember returning from a nice resort after a wonderful holiday and finding a 1/5 review posted on TA by someone who was just there, same time as us, it was titled "boycott this hotel". There were some photos too, of a leg with few mosquito bites and one of the mattress or something or other with a stain on it - LOL

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dirtiest Hotel .... Latest review.

Ha-ha gatO, he did didn't he.

I am sure it will be the hotel for me .......... Well, I will make sure it is.