We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Needed !!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice Needed !!

i've never traveled outside of canada.. and im hoping for my first trip to be to Cuba, my problems is i want a decent hotel hoping for 3 star or more.. but for a reasonable price , by reasonable im hoping 750 - 800 .. if anybody has any advice for me it would be helpful and very much appreciated ! thanks again :)

Canada
Level Contributor
395 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice Needed !!

Before we can help you.. we need to know when you are wanting to travel?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice Needed !!

hoping for end of march, beginning of april !

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice Needed !!

Don't forget WHERE in Cuba you want to go and what your 'expectations' are....as in age range, whether you like to party, do you want a high-end resort (remembering that some Cuban 5-star resorts may be 4star <or less> here in Canada)...

AND please read the articles listed under "Top Questions about Varadero" (if that is in fact where you want to travel)...located on the right hand side of this page.

If you read these articles first, most of your questions WILL be answered without having to post repetitive questions here. Trust me - there is TONS of information posted there by very well-qualified and knowledgeable people from this forum.

Having said that - HOW EXCITING to be planning a trip to Cuba...no matter where you go, you will have tons of fun, and meet a lot of wonderful friendly Cuban people.

Canada
Level Contributor
395 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice Needed !!

yes...as Sask said.. need all that info too in order to make a recommendation

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice Needed !!

Think about what you want, then start looking on various travel sites for what resorts are coming up now, open up trip advisor, plug in the different names and check out the reviews.

You are the best one to decide what suits you and your idea of a holiday.

Also when you say 7-800 are we referring to with or without taxes in? These days the taxes for Cuba are running close to $300 which makes a big difference on what originally looked like a great deal. That being said at that time of the year you shouldn't have too much trouble finding deals.

Placentia, Canada
Level Contributor
736 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice Needed !!

The hotels in cayo guillermo and cayo coco are fab......reasonably priced too.

Canada
Level Contributor
395 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice Needed !!

Check this link out. If you've never been anywhere.. the interface is user friendly and the price you see includes tax unlike itravel, expedia, etc.

…tripcentral.ca/txpacktrip/…

That one I've set up for you so you can look at the end of March, but you can manipulate it as you see fit.

Do as 5 says, and pick what looks good for what you're willing to pay, google them, read their reviews on TA, and if you need further help post about what couple you're deciding between and why :)

Canada
Level Contributor
395 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice Needed !!

…tripcentral.ca/txpacktrip/… and this one is a week later. As you can see, decent price differences in the two Barcelo's just from the week prior.

Just depends on what you're looking for in the hotel. Party vs. Quiet, If food is number one factor. You say you've never been outside of Canada so don''t expect food to be fantastic no matter where you end up. Whether you'd like to be right downtown to walk to things, or plan on stayng more on the resort so the distance wouldn't be a factor, etc.

9. Re: Advice Needed !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2013, 10:32