We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barecelos Arenas Blancas Are the negative reviews true?

Oshawa, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Barecelos Arenas Blancas Are the negative reviews true?

I have been reading many reviews on the Barecelos Arenas Blancas and many have been negative. We are travelling as a group of 24 in March and I am worried that it may not be what we hoped for.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
411 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Barecelos Arenas Blancas Are the negative reviews true?

There are a few posts in the past with vacationers such as yourself raising concerns.

I stayed at that resort last year and had a blast. In fact, I'm heading back to Barcelo next week to party again...

Check out the comments made in response to others that have been there.

You wil have to go though some of the pages. I recall seeing a few over the past few weeks.

Canada
Level Contributor
395 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barecelos Arenas Blancas Are the negative reviews true?

There are two threads regarding this on the next page over as well..

Canada
Level Contributor
395 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barecelos Arenas Blancas Are the negative reviews true?

Ooops! I should read before I post. As Andrew said.. there are others (2 to be specific) that are fairly recent.

Ontario
Level Contributor
226 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barecelos Arenas Blancas Are the negative reviews true?

julie G, I am also worried due to all the neg comments but go with a positive attitude and make the best of the sun, sand and sea!!!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
411 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Barecelos Arenas Blancas Are the negative reviews true?

team,

That is exactly what you need to do.

Make your oun opinion.

There are those that expect a 4 star resort like in Mexico or DR. It's close.

Food is very good as well. Lots of options... etc.

I'm certain you will have fun.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
411 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Barecelos Arenas Blancas Are the negative reviews true?

I should spell check my material....lol

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barecelos Arenas Blancas Are the negative reviews true?

The Arenas Blancas portion is a Varadero landmark, the Barcelo's getting there.... they've been there forever! you definitely will not be getting the same thing you would at a 4 or 5 in Mexico for sure - when it comes to Cuba the price really does mean something. There's a reason certain resorts are 1/2 price or less of others. That said, keep in mind what you paid and subtract at least half for the flight - when you do the math chances are you're spending $50 or less per day to eat and drink as much as you want and have a place to crash at the end of the night. That's not even doable for that price at home! If you're looking to party and just need a beach to sober up on during the day you'll be fine! But if you're expecting fine dining and spacious modern hotel rooms then there's always the option of contacting your tour operator to see if you can move to a newer resort; as a group of 24 you'll have a fair amount of pull!

Edited: 01 February 2012, 16:59
PEI
Level Contributor
528 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barecelos Arenas Blancas Are the negative reviews true?

Was there in 2009 for 2 weeks. May go again this year. Everything is about expectations. The Arenas Blancas section of the resort should not be rated as high as a 4*. There have been some recent renos done but the information I have is that the rooms have not been touched. This section of the resort is dated but the resort is kept clean and boosts a good location close to town with a great beach and pool. The beach snackbar/restaurant was rebuilt in 2010. Keep your expections in check and u will have a great vacation.

9. Re: Barecelos Arenas Blancas Are the negative reviews true?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2013, 10:21