We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air transat club class is it worth it???

nova scotia
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
air transat club class is it worth it???

Hi, we are flying out of halifax to varadero via holgun 6 hr flight just wondering if $100 each is worth it??

Thanks

montreal
Level Contributor
10,281 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: air transat club class is it worth it???

One word yes jump on it as they go fast ....

the pas manitoba
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: air transat club class is it worth it???

Most definitely!!!! We fly that way whenever possible. Firstly, the extra weight allowance is great. Priority check in and first on and off plane, with luggage off first as well. You do have to identify yourself as club class / first class to the agent when you get there. Some people stand in line as the airline will not know your are club class until they see your ticket. We walked in, went directly to the rep who took care of us immediately. Leather seats, more leg room, free ear plugs, blankets, pilows etc. Champagne, drinks as soon as you are on board, while others are still boarding. Free snacks, first class meal, and drinks the entire time. Big screen tv with movies....We will fly this options whenever available.. We just came home yesterday from varadero, club class. Very worth it in our opinion. We also have a mobility issue that requires the leg room, the rest are just major perks that we enjoy.

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,267 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: air transat club class is it worth it???

Totally worth it, go for it! Just be warned that you'll have a really tough time going back to economy class after experiencing Club Class!

the pas manitoba
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: air transat club class is it worth it???

Isn"t that the truth....We are flying to Jamaica in the end of March, with WestJet and there is not such option....going to miss it.

ALso, almost everyone in Club Class this trip was bumped up! Free. Totally understand people jumping all over that, but do to my husbands bad leg, we have to book it ahead, so it kind of sucks for sure. We always pay, and never get the "freebie".

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,267 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: air transat club class is it worth it???

Wow sandymb, I'm surprised, usually Transat is pretty good at allowing only paying customers in Club Class. Perhaps they were being comped for something else, but if you are certain that several passagers were bumped up for free, please think of reporting it to Transat's Customer Service. I have flown in Club Class when there were empty seats, so I'm pretty sure the Club Class seats are sold separately than regular seats (i.e. that the economy class isn't "oversold").

Was this both ways or only on the return flight?

Canada
Level Contributor
395 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: air transat club class is it worth it???

Are you sure it's only 100 each per person in total?

When I inquired into it. It was 160 pp, each way. A little pricey for a 3.5 hour flight so I decided against it.

If it's only an extra 100 each, then I'd jump on it.

Edited: 08 February 2012, 02:49
Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,475 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: air transat club class is it worth it???

The cost may depend on where you leave from – Halifax to Varadero is $100. each way (which is an increase over last year). Whether or not it is “worth it” is an individual choice – a return Club Class for a couple would add $400. to the cost of the vacation.

Port Colborne...
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: air transat club class is it worth it???

i love club class, everything mentioned comes with it, I hate hate hate line ups and when you get to Toronto airport and you can walk right up to the check in counter it is worth the price. from toronto it is 80 bucks each way. it is the one perk we get when we go on vacations.

You also get the blanket and pillow package that you get to keep, they come around with ear plugs, socks, eye black out thingys,

You get to eat with silverware,. frink out of glassware not plastic cups and in my case i drink my face off.... Premium brand liquors and great service most of the time. yep I really enjoy club class and the best my hubby is 6 5 and i don't have to listen to him moan about being cramped in the seat.

I book every chance i get.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
753 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: air transat club class is it worth it???

worth every penny...We pay $90 per person each way.Best way to fly....have a great trip...

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,475 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: air transat club class is it worth it???

“ ... from toronto it is 80 bucks each way.”

COTU bästards ... it is 25% more from Halifax for a flight that is the same distance! There outta’ be a law! ☺ ☺ ☺