We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Las America, Paradisus Princesa, or Iberostar Varadero

Toronto
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Melia Las America, Paradisus Princesa, or Iberostar Varadero

I thought we had decided on a place but my friends are now looking at these three properties. We are 6 married women in our 40's going to Varadero around the 20th of May and looking for the best fit. We are all pretty easy going but do enjoy decent food and wine, but the beach is of prime importance. I love the look and reviews of the Iberostar Varadero, but am concerned about how many young kids will be there. We love children(have lots of our own) but looking for a more adult vibe holiday. I would welcome any thoughts or advise.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Las America, Paradisus Princesa, or Iberostar Varadero

Your best option would be the Melia Las Americas! Great nightly entertainment, food options and accommodations and it's adults only!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia Las America, Paradisus Princesa, or Iberostar Varadero

Stayed at the Iberostar a couple of years ago and would recommend it. Food was good, grounds were spacious and rooms were comfortable. The only down side was that the hotel was quite a long way from the centre so you needed to take a taxi (or the little train). Can't comment on the beach as we didn't have very good weather and the sea was very rough.

Hope this helps.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia Las America, Paradisus Princesa, or Iberostar Varadero

I've stayed at Princesa Del Mar with a girlfriend and if your looking for quiet relaxation this is the place to be. Not much in the way of excitment though. At 11pm the place was desserted. It's also adults only 18+

ontario
Level Contributor
54 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia Las America, Paradisus Princesa, or Iberostar Varadero

My girlfriendsand I have stayed at the Iberostar Varadero three times and loved it.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia Las America, Paradisus Princesa, or Iberostar Varadero

Paradisus for sure - IMO the only luxury resort in Varadero. I'm in the same boat - love kids but not on vacation thanks! I'd rather not have anyone splash in my drink! The Melia is nice but older, the Princesa is much newer, grounds and buildings are a lot nicer. It's the only place I'll stay in Varadero and of the 30+ people I've sent there over the years no one has had a bad thing to say about it! Perfect for a girls trip, no one will bother you and their spa is awesome.

6. Re: Melia Las America, Paradisus Princesa, or Iberostar Varadero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 09:17