We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Palmeras Bungalow or Room

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
572 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Palmeras Bungalow or Room

Any recommendations and which would you prefer and why? We don't go to bed early, do like to sit on balcony with a view so would prefer room but wonder what your thoughts are?

manchester
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Palmeras Bungalow or Room

my daughter and I have been to the sol palmeras about 15 times we have stayed in both and we rather stay in the hotel near to all the action, the bungalows are nice if you get it near the hotel but we tryed the bugalows twice and we were miles away from the hotel and if you for get thing it was a right treck back .......Ann

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
69 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Palmeras Bungalow or Room

manchesterann

The resort is very big? Do we have to walk a long distance to go to the beach, and to the buffet for breakfast?

And what do you think about the food at Sol Palmeras?

Do you have any tips about the resort? Its our first time in Cuba....

Thanks

Ann

manchester
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Palmeras Bungalow or Room

Hi Ann, the resort is not that big weather is because we are used to it lol, if you get room 1020 it faces the pool you get a nice little garden and if you walk to the end of the garden and turn left with in a few mins you are right on the beach i love this room because you are right in the mids of every thing and its quiet at night to, and the main buffet is only a couple mins to walk to .. you only get water in your room but we used to get drinks from the pool bar and take them back to our room when we go to get ready for dinner ..the animation team are really good they have become our second familly they try to get you involved in the days activity but are not pushy, the shows are good at night ... I bought a kettle in october to save to to the lobby bar to get a coffe in the small wee hours but they have now put kettles in the rooms so we left the kettle for one of the staff....Havana is a must we went again last october see how much the agent charges and then ask any of the animation team they will arrange for you to do it on your own much cheeper we usualy take one of the staff with us its so much fun than going with a group ...I hatre school outings lol ...we were hoping to go this may but can not make it so hoping to go in october keeping fingers crossed, if you want to buy drinks and snacks for your room go to the little shopping center as it is cheeper than the hotel you can get a free train that picks u up from the front door and takes you there or you can walk it within 10mins but in the afternoon its too hot . varadero is a must nice places to eat my daughter and i only use the hotel as a base, as we like eating out and meeting the local you get a real feel for cuba and how the people live hope this helps if u want any more info just ask Ann

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
572 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Palmeras Bungalow or Room

Any recommended restaurants as we to won't eat every meal in hotel?

Moncton, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Palmeras Bungalow or Room

Does anyone know if the bungalows at Sol Palmeras are in groups of 2 or 4? Possibly traveling there in April with 2 teenagers and want to book a separate bungalow for them, but want them to be close to us. Can you book them side by side? Or, are any connecting rooms in the hotel? Would prefer a bungalow - would like the separation from action at night and the space they offer.

Thanks!

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
69 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Palmeras Bungalow or Room

Ann

Thanks for your kind answer.

Palmeras is on my list....

Is there a beach restaurant where we can have lunch or do we have to go to the buffet?

We are beach people, so the beach is very important. Is it rocky?

AnnLisbon

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol Palmeras Bungalow or Room

AnnLisbon,

The beach bar serves fries, burgers, pizza etc. during the day. The beach is arguably one of the best in Varadero.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol Palmeras Bungalow or Room

the beach bar is very good it has frsh fish every day and buggers but does get very crowded so go early for lunch 12pm...... the bungalows are in groups so ask the hotel to put you to gether, just one tip for the lady's if you are on a period while you are there tske tampax with you as it cost £15 pounds for a box the same tampax as we have here i got a shock when i went ot get some...hair dryers are very good in the rooms .... you get shampoo and shower gell in the room its ok but take your own... for charging your phone and camara use the socket in the hall way if its near your room it charges quicker than the room.....if u have any more questions just aske I wish i was going this may ... Ann

9. Re: Sol Palmeras Bungalow or Room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 06:17