We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars off the resort?

Canada
13 posts
Save Topic
Bars off the resort?

Has anyone gone off the resort to the clubs? I hear it is pretty safe...but we are girls and dont' want any trouble etc just want to have fun...Does anyone recommend any or thoughts?

Thanks!

Shelburne, Canada
Level Contributor
290 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars off the resort?

We have always went to off site clubs. Just keep it smart as you would in any city. Also the animacion staff at some resorts will have late buses going to different clubs as a group. If you dont like where they are going just keep it smart. And treat it as any club or disco. Im sure you will be fine. We felt very safe going out.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars off the resort?

I recommend La Rumba and La Cueva del pirata,

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,995 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars off the resort?

You gotta check out Calle 62 - it's a bar located on Calle 62 - across from the Cuatro Palmas. GREAT fun - lots of music, local people, dancing....!

Varadero is safe safe safe...just keep your smarts about you - like you would at home - and mix with the locals. You will find them the best people in the world!

BC
Level Contributor
351 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars off the resort?

Varadero's bars are the safest bars in the world.

Cuba in general is a safe island.

Watch your goods in crowded places.

Be prepared to be macked by lotsa Cuban machos,,,

Just look away & don’t take it personally, it's their national hobby. :)

But other tourists can be more of a pain.

Have fun!

Peyman

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars off the resort?

we went to Calle 62 all the time, was fun, like a street party, and yes very safe, i staggered back to my resort at all times around 2-3am no problems....

whitby,ontario
Level Contributor
177 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars off the resort?

For Calle 62, what is a good time to go ? I saw it in the day last year , pretty quiet but want to go experience it at night.

Just wondering what time to cab it there? Thanks!!

St Thomas
Level Contributor
198 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars off the resort?

On a good night especially Thurs , Fri , Sat they are open early in the evening start setting up around 7 by 9 - 10 it is usually really busy starts to wind down after midnight - 1. This is a small open street bar if you saw it during the day you woud wonder what the fuss was but it attracts a lot of local talent . If you cant already do some salsa steps take the classes offered by your animation crew it adds to the fun . The Cuban people who frequent these places were born dancing and are a joy to watch .

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars off the resort?

La Comparsita is another fun spot but it doesn't get rocking till at least 11 at night. You pay a cover to get in and it includes your drinks. If you like to dance it is a fun spot to go to. Havana Club at the Palma Real can be fun too.

When it comes to the clubs, there is basically one spot that is "busy" each night. The animacion team at your hotel will know which place is happening each night, ask them. Or ask your cab driver where to go. I remember my first time in Varadero, our friend wanted to take us all to the Pirate's Cave. The cab driver kept telling her it wasn't open and she kept insisting that's where she wanted to go. So he finally drove us there and then she said "Oh, it's not open...." (not the coldest beer in the fridge, that girl!) So then he took us to La Rumba and it was packed.

There is always somewhere fun to go off the resort and as others have said, Varadero is really safe.

Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bars off the resort?

Thank you so much everyone for your help....we can't wait to go experience the night life!!

10. Re: Bars off the resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2013, 10:23