We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking a Reservation at Restaurant in Varadero

Regina, Canada
13 posts
Save Topic
Booking a Reservation at Restaurant in Varadero

I was just wondering if anyone new the easiest way to book a reservation at a restaurant in downtown Varadero. Is it best to just wait until we get to our resort and ask the front desk to book it, or can our Sunwing rep do it prior to us arriving, or is best for us to call and book (or is that really expensive)? Thanks

montreal
Level Contributor
11,135 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking a Reservation at Restaurant in Varadero

Just show up at the door as i would not bother with a reservation as you have lots of restaurants to choose from in downtown Varadero .....

Is it expensive depends on you as you will have all kinds of prices but compare to what we pay in Canada dinner at a restaurant in Cuba is cheap ...

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,895 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking a Reservation at Restaurant in Varadero

We usually walk in and book it for the date we want after we arrive there. That truly is the easiest way.

S

Regina, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking a Reservation at Restaurant in Varadero

Thanks!! I have just heard from friends of ours who went and they seen people being turned away and told us it was best to book a reservation. So wasnt sure

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,895 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking a Reservation at Restaurant in Varadero

We have never been turned away, but recently, we had to wait about 45 minutes to be seated at La Fondue during a busy supper hour.

If you are hoping to say, have a special dinner in one of your favorite restaurants there for a special occaision, I'd go there a few days before and book it. Not saying it will be honoured, but, we have had success with that several times.

I've seen some people "buy" their way in as well. We've never done that and quite frankly, never would, but we've seen it done. I don't recommend that option.

S

Edited: 09 April 2012, 23:50
montreal
Level Contributor
11,135 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking a Reservation at Restaurant in Varadero

Which restaurant are you talking about as i never made a reservation in 6 trips to Varadero and was never turned back and we eat outside of the resort every day ....

Regina, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking a Reservation at Restaurant in Varadero

Barbacoa or La Gruta

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,895 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking a Reservation at Restaurant in Varadero

We have booked them both in the past and both reserves were honoured both times. We did some SERIOUS waiting once at La Gruta. So, the next trip, during a walk to the parque, we just booked it for the following night.

S

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking a Reservation at Restaurant in Varadero

We just walk in and book for following night.

Regina, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking a Reservation at Restaurant in Varadero

Sounds good. Thanks for all the help:). 16 more sleeps, can't wait!!

Vancouver, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking a Reservation at Restaurant in Varadero

I was at La Gruta about 5 days ago, we went right at dinner time (5pm ish) and we were the only ones there our entire meal! we spent about an hour there eating and drinking, and couldn't believe no one else was around. The food and atmosphere was great.

I'm sure it's not always this empty, as there are only a few tables in there, but I wouldn't be overly worried!