We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naulitours vs Sunwing

Englehart, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Naulitours vs Sunwing

I just found out that a villa I booked in Varadero through Naulitours/Sell Off Vacations, is not really a villa is it just on motel room. All other times when I booked through Sunwing a villa had at least 2 rooms. We are 3 women booked for a week in one room. We are certainly not happy. I called Naulitours/Sell Off Vacations and were told that there is nothing they can do. I will never book Naulitours again. At least Sunwing would have offered to find us another motel with what we had requested.

So beware when you book a villa through Naulitours!!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,351 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naulitours vs Sunwing

If you had booked a villa with Nolitours at a particular resort and that wasn't what you recieved then you'd be possibly entitled to compensation or a refund of your trip. If you didn't but thought you did or expected it then to bad so sad. Sunwing would have done the same thing. I'm pretty sure if you want to upgrade to a villa room the resort or Nolitours will be more than happy to assist for a cost.

Cheers

Englehart, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naulitours vs Sunwing

I did book a villa. That is what is on my booking receipt. There are no villas on this resort there are just motel rooms.

No I have spoken to everyone I can this morning and nothing can be done. I have never had a problem with Sunwing and will use them from now on. They are always very helpful.

Edited: 13 April 2012, 16:42
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,351 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naulitours vs Sunwing

Kitty, This is quite simple. If you paid a premium for a villa and the resort offers no villas then you've been frauded and that against the law. What resort are we talking about??

Cheers

Waterloo, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naulitours vs Sunwing

When you look at Nolitours site it clearly states that they are Villa Rooms which are the same as Garden Rooms but in a different section. I don't think they imply that they're suites or larger..

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,351 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Naulitours vs Sunwing

Sharon

You are right. I just looked at the Brisas website and it clearly states there is a main building with rooms then there is a south section with slightly larger rooms but NO indication of Villas. Maybe kitty misunderstood the meaning. Maybe little or no research is my guess.

Cheers

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Naulitours vs Sunwing

SellOff Vacations = ONLINE booking, right?

I know that there have been lots of people who regularly book online; personally I prefer using a live-body travel agent. It's MUCH easier to sit face to face and get problems dealt with as opposed to having to be on the telephone forever.

I had major issues with Nolitours for our first Varadero vacation - MAJOR. Initially had been told we had to stay over an extra day (at no cost to us). A week later we were advised we would have to return a day EARLIER leaving at 7 am and taking ALL day to get home - Varadero/Edmonton/Calgary/Saskatoon. The only compensation they were planning on giving us were two 50$ travel vouchers (Nolitours normal compensation).

At the advice of my travel agent, I submitted a letter voicing my dismay at this change of events. I indicated that our expenses daily hotel/travel expenses were about 150$ per day (cost of trip divided by the # of days) and that two 50$ vouchers was not acceptable. My travel agent forwarded my letter to Nolitours.

We ended up receiving TWO 100$ travel vouchers and a refund of 150$...our travel agent said she had NEVER seen such a compensation package from Nolitours in her 10 years as a travel agent. We will continue to book through Nolitours and, more importantly for us, use a live-body as opposed to booking online.

Yes, it can cost more booking through a travel agent and yes, there are some great last-minute deals that can be gotten online BUT living in the middle of land-locked Saskatchewan, we do not get the deals that are frequently advertised flying out of Vancouver/Montreal. We prefer to fly from our home city of Saskatoon (with a short stop in Regina to pick up or drop off passengers). For this I am willing to pay a bit extra.

It is also to be noted that our package pricing as gone DOWN each year we have purchased. Not sure how many other agencies that happens with but as we LOVE the service we get through Nolitours/Air Transat, we will continue booking with them.

Again - may not be what other people do but works for us. Good luck.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Naulitours vs Sunwing

Just because Sunwing refers to a particular type of room as a 'villa', does not mean that this same type of definition applies to other agencies such as Nolitours. To think that the word means exactly the same from one agency to another is why things like the OP described, happen.

A little bit of research BEFORE booking, can go a long way.

Edited: 13 April 2012, 17:56
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,351 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Naulitours vs Sunwing

Saskatoon

Us to. We've used Sunwing this past summer to Holguin and Nilitours a couple times to Cuba and into Mexico. Absolutly NO issues with them at all.

Cheers

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,950 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Naulitours vs Sunwing

I have used both as well with no problems If you find a price online and go to a Travel Agent the will match it so it is not more expenzive to go with an agent I agree.. They can better inform you about a resort..

Englehart, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Naulitours vs Sunwing

Brisas del Caribe