We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry in Varadero

manchester
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Laundry in Varadero

We are going to the Iberostar Tainos in November this year and we were wondering if there is a laundry in Varadero or near the hotel. Or does the hotel offer this service.?

montreal
Level Contributor
10,593 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundry in Varadero

There is no laundry in Varadero as i guess you will have to use the bathroom sink like we all do .

As for your resort most resorts will offer you a laundry service that they do it themselfs which of course you will have to pay for it ...

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
977 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundry in Varadero

i do my own too in the sink or tub,i buy these little travel packs of tide,work great.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundry in Varadero

The laundry service in the hotel is expensive though..

Denholme, United...
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundry in Varadero

i normally wash things out in the sink, i used to take washing powder or liquid but just use the free shampoo or shower gel now, :)

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundry in Varadero

You could always ask the maid if they know anyone locally who would wash it for a few pesos....that's what we did as we were travelling with 3 kids (and one baby who goes through clothes!) and they seemed really happy to get some cash and I was happy to not wash clothes!! Need to ask subtly though!!

Edgware, Middx
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundry in Varadero

How expensive?

Edgware, Middx
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laundry in Varadero

How expensive?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,674 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laundry in Varadero

I've never seen a hotel or resort laundry service that wasn't embarrassingly expensive. I believe the Saratoga in Havana is minimum 1.50 CUC per small piece (socks, underwear) and 2.50 CUC per large piece (shirt, pants.) Some of the casas are also seeing this service as another great revenue stream and charging outrageous fees too.

With the plethora of modern fabrics and clothing now available that's specially designed for travel (washes easily, dries quickly and wrinkle free) then doing it yourself is really no big deal... it takes a couple of minutes and you're done.

Cheers,

Terry

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,682 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Laundry in Varadero

My son's friend needed to do some laundry during our last trip to Varadero. The maid washed a few items for him, and charged him 6 CUC. I thought that was a pretty sweet price to pay.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Laundry in Varadero

if you ask, you will be connected with someone who will do laundry...on a private basis.. expect to pay @ 10-15 CUC for a really big load of laundry.The first person to ask is the person who cleans your room..I am after a few trips more inclined to go the route Terry is suggesting.. which is really okay for up to a 2 week stay.