We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blau Varadero - Where to Party

Bath, England
2 posts
Save Topic
Blau Varadero - Where to Party

Hey Everyone,

My BoyF and I are staying at the Blau Varadero from 4-12th May. Ive read many posts saying that the bar shuts @ midnight for alcohol (not told that to the BoyF yet)

I need to be equipped for when this happens, so where can you/ do you go after the bar shuts to continue partying/ drinking.

Please throw your suggestions and experiences at me. How, to get there, costs etc etc etc

The Great White...
Level Contributor
993 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blau Varadero - Where to Party

The Mambo Club is within walking distance. It costs 10 pesos per person and all the drinks are included.

The Great White...
Level Contributor
993 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blau Varadero - Where to Party

P.S. Buy some beer or rum and put it in your mini fridge...just in case you don't feel like going out to a club. If you tell the maid and leave a tip she can usually leave some extra beer for you.

yorkshire england
Level Contributor
121 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blau Varadero - Where to Party

We've just come back from the Blau. Mambo is in walking distance, but by the time we'd spent all day chilling out and drinking in

the bars, we were too relaxed to want to clubbing.

The Blau is not a party hotel, but is very civilized.

If I could make one suggestion: Take some

gifts for the staff. We left behind paracetamols,

old t-shirts, sweets and shower gel. They were much appreciated. The staff here are very friendly and the odd peso tip helps them immensely. More than that a smile and thank you goes a long way as well. We only

encountered one or two rude people.

The beach is grand, but get there early for

the shede huts/tikis. People left their towels on them early morning and did not show

up until the afternoon to actually use them.

Windsor,ON
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blau Varadero - Where to Party

Selzo,

Get to know the entertainment staff, they are great and some head out after the nightly show with hotel guests to the clubs.

Calgary
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Blau Varadero - Where to Party

Hi there,

My boyfriend and myself are headed to Blau from the 2nd-9th of May. I was really concerned that there would be no where and no one to party with. I feel better now.

See you there.

Bath, England
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Blau Varadero - Where to Party

Excellent,

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

I am very excited now and am willing the weeks away.

Cant wait. I just hope i get all my requests fulfilled, with regards to the room etc.

brampton
Level Contributor
595 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Blau Varadero - Where to Party

havana club april 9

Newfoundland
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Blau Varadero - Where to Party

There are four of us going to Blau May 2-9, I'm sure we can all meet up and find ways to party after hours.. We can be found around the pool bar.. Don't worry!!

Newfoundland
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Blau Varadero - Where to Party

Hello!

I'm part of the funnyfour...I hope it will be a blast at the BLAU. First time in Varadero...First time with NO kids... Can't wait to relax!!!! Mambo Club is the place to go? Let's party then...I'll be at the pool on May 3rd at 7:00 a.m. See u soon at the BLAU!!!!

Niagara
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Blau Varadero - Where to Party

My boyfriend and I are going the 22nd to 29th. I hope theres people to party with then!