We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

essex
Level Contributor
372 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Every time I look on my weather app for varadero, it's says storms every day, but I never see ant posts saying weather rubbish ?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,122 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

That's probably because the internet weather forecasts for Cuba are notoriously inaccurate. As far as I can see they predict thunderstorms 365 days a year.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
812 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Never ever pay attention to the online weather for Cuba. Never accurate and you will only stress yourself out.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Hi, I agree. I'm leaving for Varadero tomorrow but every time I check out the weather in Cuba from my iPhone it says thundershowers EVERY day. Check out this website (in English). It's pretty good.

http://www.cubaweather.org/

Cheers.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

I have spent a sum of 10 weeks there at this exact time of year. I think I have had a total of 2 days where it rained in the daytime. It's common though for it to rain in the evenings and then blue skies in the morning. Expect lots of sun and heat.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

Just got back on saturday and the forecast was also thunder showers for the whole week. We had only 2 days with rain. 1 day it rained 10 min light showers it was great we were in the ocean and it was warm rain. 2nd day of rain it rained for about an hour at dinner time, and by the time we finished and came out it was sunny. Don't worry about the weather it will be great.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

Just spoke to a friend in Cardenas this morning and he mentioned they had spotty rain the past 3 weeks or so but are into a dry spell now, and very, very HOT. Thunderstorm forecast is due to the extreme heat, no storms in the area. We're heading down Sunday, figuring it can't be much hotter than Toronto but we'll find out.

Edited: 03 July 2012, 16:56
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

Yes,rain rain rain. Spoke to some Cuban friends a few days ago. Loads of rain but very hot.

8. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 23:15