We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choice between Arenas Doradas Hoteles C or Allegro Varadero

London, Canada
Level Contributor
87 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Choice between Arenas Doradas Hoteles C or Allegro Varadero

Need some help. Need to choose between the two above resorts for a trip at New Years. Both have their pluses and minuses so hard to make the decision. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
461 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choice between Arenas Doradas Hoteles C or Allegro Varadero

We have never been to Allegro Varadero but have been twice to Arenas Doradas. My daughteer has been 3 times. We like it there the people are nice and we have never had a problem with the rooms. But it is up to the individual. It is farther away from town but it makes for a nice ride in the double decker bus or they do have a free bus that drops you off at a certain place and picks you back up. Food is the same as all over Varadero from what I have read on here. In saying that we always find something to eat. It is not a party ,party place unless you make it so as we have. and we are 65 and 74. Not that all there are that age don't get me wrong. There a lot of younger ones there we just join in. lol We are there for a good time not a long time

Edited: 06 September 2012, 20:53
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choice between Arenas Doradas Hoteles C or Allegro Varadero

I would go with the Allegro it's an overall better property.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choice between Arenas Doradas Hoteles C or Allegro Varadero

We've never been to Allegro Varadero but we did visit Arenas Doradas back in 2002. I would rate it at a 3 * at best. Yes, the staff, beach and pool were nice but everything else wasn't great (for us anyway). Mind you, it may have improved since then but we wouldn't go back.

Edited: 07 September 2012, 15:51
Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
461 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Choice between Arenas Doradas Hoteles C or Allegro Varadero

We are heading to Arenas Doradas in Oct for 2 weeks can't wait 3rd visit there. More friends coming the last week we are there.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
87 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Choice between Arenas Doradas Hoteles C or Allegro Varadero

Thanks everyone. Anyone else who has been recently to either (or better yet both) of these resorts care to comment? We are planning to book something in the few days. Thanks.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
87 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Choice between Arenas Doradas Hoteles C or Allegro Varadero

Anyone have anything to add? I need to book something soon as getting a bit antsy.

montreal
Level Contributor
10,246 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Choice between Arenas Doradas Hoteles C or Allegro Varadero

I did not go lately to the Allegro Varadero but have been there 2 times and i sure can tell you don't expect much from the resort as the only thing that would make this resort good again would be to rebuilt the place all over ..

Good beach nice grounds but thats about it as put a bit of extra money and choose another resort sorry for this but im beeing honest with you the rest is your decision ....

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Choice between Arenas Doradas Hoteles C or Allegro Varadero

I've been to Allegro three times, and I always have a great time while staying there. Food isn't the greatest, but the beach makes up for that! Staff are amazing as well. If you choose Allegro, try to stay on the 4th or 5th floor in the main building, or in the bungalows!

9. Re: Choice between Arenas Doradas Hoteles C or Allegro Varadero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2013, 10:15