We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

And the Fun Begins with Sunwing!

british columbia
Level Contributor
753 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
And the Fun Begins with Sunwing!

I need your input, TA friends! I have been told a few different stories by Sunwing about whether our hotel room will be ready for us when we arrive at 4:30 am. Or whether we can keep our room until we leave in the middle of the night on our return.

The story has changed a few times. Before I booked the package they said they would not guarantee the room would be ready when we arrived, but we would most definitely have use of our room right up until we were picked up by our transfer to leave at the of our holiday.

Now, they are saying the opposite. Room will definitely be ready when we arrive at 4:30 am but we will have to check out at noon on the 25th when our flight does not leave until 4:30 am on the 26th. That means we would be roomless nomads for over 12hours and until the transfer bus comes for us.

Sunwing tells us now that they have no allotment left to sell me an extra night. But I remember from before that their prices we outrageous. If this is the case, then I am going to email the Blau to request the room for an extra night and pay the difference up front in CUC's.

I know some of you on the forum before said that you definitely had your rooms until you left for the airport. So, I ask again. Which is it? And what do you suggest we do.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: And the Fun Begins with Sunwing!

Good lord, what horrible departure and arrival times!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: And the Fun Begins with Sunwing!

What hotel are you going to? ....If it were me I would make arrangements with the hotel direct for the last night if this is the case.

But something is odd on the times...... Depending on where you are staying there is a 30 min to 90 minute drive between resort an airport...and you need to be at the airport 90ish minutes prior to flight so if you leave again at 4 am you would have to be out of the resort at 1:00am?? on the southbound Sunwing I can not imagine would have a crew there over night and for a 4 am departure would mean they would have to have left Toronto at 1 am ....there are no departures at that time ...or if from Vancouver 22:00 ??? hummm

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: And the Fun Begins with Sunwing!

Flights from Saskatoon via Sunwing leave at 750 PM and arrive in Varadero around 3 AM....so maybe these are the planes that are being used for north-bound return flights to other parts of Canada...?

Ridiculous depart/arrival times are one reason we plan on flying WestJet...we may have a layover in Calgary but at least we don't have to get up at the bleeding bloody crack of dawn to leave home or Varadero...!

Denise

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: And the Fun Begins with Sunwing!

I'm 99.9 it has nothing to do with the airline/tour operator but the hotel itself... I've had similar issues with Transat, Canada3000 back in the day - it's at the discrteion of the hotel if they want to give you early/late check out, and/or charge you for it. I'm sure the tour rep asking on your behalf doesn't hurt but I don't think they have any control. We're lucky not to have those kind of travel times out of Toronto, I'm leery to even book the flights with a 2AM arrival in Toronto. Good luck!

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: And the Fun Begins with Sunwing!

What does you e ticket say for a checkout date . Johnny C

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: And the Fun Begins with Sunwing!

The same plane that goes from Vancouver to varadero turns around and goes back with load out outbees"s. travelled this flight many times . Johnny C

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: And the Fun Begins with Sunwing!

E ticket hotel voucheri should have said . Your checkout date ision it

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,096 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: And the Fun Begins with Sunwing!

Further to Post #5 - Check the hotel voucher which is included with the e-tickets from Sunwing. This is what you hand-over at the front desk for registration, and it should show the hotel check-in and check-out dates and times.

On the bright side - you should have the best selection of chairs at the pool or the beach at that time of the morning - lol. Times suck. I feel your pain.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,431 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: And the Fun Begins with Sunwing!

Check your hotel voucher (different than your e-ticket). Your e-ticket will give the date of your flight departure from Vancouver and your return from Varadero, and your hotel voucher will give the dates that you have a hotel room. If you arrive as 4:00 on the 21st (for example), the 21st MIGHT be your first night, but check-in MAY not be until after 3:00 pm.

Ditto for your departure – even though your flight is departing at 4:00 am on the 29th, your last night in your room MIGHT be the 27th. In any regard, your package was probably for 7 nights, so that’s what you’ll get.

british columbia
Level Contributor
753 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: And the Fun Begins with Sunwing!

Yes, these are horrendous flight times, but the only option from Vancouver.

Outbound we arrive in VRA at 3:30 am on Nov. 12th. (sorry, I said 4:30 am in my original post)

According to the hotel voucher our check in is 4pm Nov. 11th. So basically our rez begins while we are still in Vancouver!

When we leave our flight time departs VRA at 4:30 am. on Nov. 26th. But the voucher shows our check out time to be 12pm on Nov. 25th. We won't be leaving for the airport until about mid night or so, when the transfer bus comes for us. So, no room between 12pm Nov. 25th and 12midnight. That kind of sucks.

The discrepancy is that Sunwing told us the exact opposite before we booked.

But, from what you are all saying, if our voucher says nov. 25th, then they mean Nov. 25th. Darn it!!! My travel agent just said that the docs were reprinted due to a sked change. I wonder if this was the change. She couldn't see anything changed other than they bumped us into different Elite seats.

I had read other posts on here from people who took these nasty flights and I could have sworn they said they kept their room until the very end. Just wondered if anyone had come back recently and could tell me what they ended up doing.

We are staying at the Blau.