We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catamaran Excursion in Varadero

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Catamaran Excursion in Varadero

Hi there, I hope someone knows the answer to this. We are heading to Varadero in December and were hoping to go on the Catamaran trip. The issue is my husband is alergic to seafood... Is that all they offer for food or is there a way to request something else? If anyone has any information, that would be great!! Also, anyone know what the current price is for this trip?

Thanks!

Kelly

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,303 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catamaran Excursion in Varadero

Not sure about the food, but if I remember, its been a few years, there was also chicken served for lunch but not 100% sure. Anyway heres pricing for you. Not sure again how up to date it is.

Seafari Crucero Del Sol - A lazy day, Catamarn cruising. Snorkeling at an amazing coral reef and a visit to a scheduled island. Time for photos with dolphins. Lunch, open bar, equipment included.

Adult 101CUC Child 64CUC

Cheers

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
568 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catamaran Excursion in Varadero

As Bergerman said, if my memory serves correctly, you do get a non-seafood choice for lunch, with chicken being the option.

This is a well worth excursion!

We're going back in early December. Can't wait.

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
716 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catamaran Excursion in Varadero

If it's a serious allergy I wouldn't eat the chicken, there is a good chance of cross contamination.

Sittard, The...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Catamaran Excursion in Varadero

On any boat or catamaran trip we made in the past, they are also offering other food than seafood, because not everyone likes seafood.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Catamaran Excursion in Varadero

3# makes a good point. They cook the chicken and seafood using the same utensils and cookware.

Nelson BC
Level Contributor
840 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catamaran Excursion in Varadero

if your concerns are high ask your resort to pack a box lunch for you, cat ride is lots of fun but if you're gonna drink you'll need something to eat, i'm sure they will help you out

Barachois, New...
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catamaran Excursion in Varadero

My wife and I did the cat trip on October 7th this year and they did offer chicken as an alernative to seafood for lunch.

It's a fabulous, fun day-trip - we really enjoyed it. Note that there are at least two options.... be sure to take the one that's $101 cuc and that stops at the dolphin enclosure which is offshore. There's another cat trip that stops at a sketchy dolphin enclosure right on the shore and I feel sorry for the dolphins there..... it looks inhumane.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Catamaran Excursion in Varadero

I have just returned from Varadero and did the cat trip. I opted for the chicken option which was edible and although I can't guarantee no cross contamination from the lobster option the chicken was well cooked and did not taste fishy and was served with rice, bread and mixed veggies (frozen variety). The trip is very good and the quality of the catamarans surprisingly excellent and well cared for.

Calgary
Level Contributor
32 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Catamaran Excursion in Varadero

Hi All, we are going to Cuba in December as well and have heard that there are 2 different Catamaran Trips and just want to confirm that the "Seafari Crucero Del Sol" is the one with the Dolphin enclosue that is offshore. All feedback would be much appreciated. If there is a link that would also be helpful... So I can share with family as there are 10 of us going... Cheers

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Catamaran Excursion in Varadero

Catamaran Tour (Marlin) – Nice tour $69, we opted out of the dolphin parts. Has draw for a bottle Rum, $2 to get in. There were 70 ppl on so 3 ppl won rum. First stop was for snorkeling… Captain said the waves would make it impossible to see anything and would everyone just like to go to the nice beach. One person wanted to snorkel so we anchored and about 20 went in. I went in and you could see the bottom, 10’ deep although not great. By diving down the visibility was much better and I could see the different fish and corral. Glad we stopped for the 25 minutes. Next stop was lunch on the beach, free drink and a few games and dance lessons. You can get chicken or hot dogs along with the buffet. The beach is terrific, lots of loungers, sheltered area with no waves and you can walk out in the water about 100 meters/yards before it gets deeper than your waist. There is a tree by the bar where dozens of hermit crabs climb in the crevices and holes. Played games on way back, 7 guys and 7 girls. Only 4 of each volunteered but they were normal games. Again, winners got bottles of rum. Must have given away 7 by the time the trip was over.

Edited: 26 November 2012, 23:27