We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel for best family and beach experience?

Gloucester, UK
Level Contributor
189 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel for best family and beach experience?

You really could sit and read reviews all day couldn't you?? We have to choose between four hotels:

Sol Palmeras

Breezes Bella Costa

Melia (Tryp) Peninsula

Blau Varadero

We are a couple from the UK with a 6-year old very active son! We are looking for advice to help us choose. I have read so many reviews that I am just getting confused now! Blau would be our first choice but has gone over our budget a little.

We are looking for the best stretch of beach for safe swimming and snorkelling, the best food (within Cuban limitations!) and the best kids club/activities/watersports. Foodwise, we are looking for variety rather than Cordon Bleu! Love Chinese and Italian as well as the usual Mexican/Caribbean style dishes.

One problem with the Sol Palmeras is that there is no gym, pretty much a requirement, but OH is not averse to nipping into the next door hotel if he can get away with it! With that in mind, does anyone have any helpful advice please?

Thanks, Deb

Edited: 02 December 2012, 14:27
Gloucester, UK
Level Contributor
189 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel for best family and beach experience?

Okay, guess the response is to make up my own mind! So I did and have booked Breezes BC. We're happy enough with a smaller resort, and the price was good.

Hope I don't get floods of responses now telling me I've made the wrong choice... ;-)

Calgary
Level Contributor
868 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel for best family and beach experience?

When do you arrive? We arrive at BBC on the 10th ....

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel for best family and beach experience?

Dragon, my wife and I have stayed at the Blau Varadero 12 times, and would highly recommend it.

The Beach is beautiful, the Food is good, and there is a Kids Club that appraently is very good.

You won't go wrong vacationing at the Blau.

Gloucester, UK
Level Contributor
189 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel for best family and beach experience?

Sadly the Blau was out of our budget but would have been first choice! We have 3 months to wait and anticipate as we don't go until mid March. Just before Easter break, tho gather it will get quite busy then. First time in Cuba for us, really looking forward to it :-)

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel for best family and beach experience?

Have a great Vacation, I'm sure you will love Cuba.

Gloucester, UK
Level Contributor
189 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel for best family and beach experience?

Thanks Canucks, looking forward to meeting all you Canadians! Was astounded to find 99% of posts on here from up there. What is it about Cuba that appeals so much to you and your fellow countrymen?? Could it be the lack of your next door neighbours by any chance?! ;-)

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel for best family and beach experience?

LOL, maybe a little of that.

For me, first and foremost its the people, Cubans are friendly, caring, good people. Cuba is also a place where we feel safe, you can go into the town of Varadero walk around, go to the markets, restaurants, clubs whatever you like and you will feel and be safe.

The beaches and the ocean are beautiful, the colour of the water unbelievable.

Go with an open mind, and truly enjoy Cuba for what it is.

Gibsons, B. C...
Level Contributor
978 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel for best family and beach experience?

Dragon, you will also find that Cubans love children. Have a great time! Breezes BC is on a great stretch of beach. I am sure you will be happy there.

Gloucester, UK
Level Contributor
189 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which hotel for best family and beach experience?

:-) :-) I'm so excited now!

10. Re: Which hotel for best family and beach experience?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 12:17