We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Varadero Breakfast

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Varadero Breakfast

The Ocean Varadero website states that there is a "Daily a la carte breakfast in the Privilege Lounge" as part of the Privilege Service. Has anybody who has already visited experienced this?

Port Colborne...
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Varadero Breakfast

yes i have - my mom and myself were the first guest there the day the opened it up..truthfully the only difference between what you can get at and the buffet is smoked salmon and cream cheese with bagel which is offered in the al carte

truthfully you can get the eggs cooked the way you want at the buffet, same juices same thing throughout what is offered at that alcarte is offered at the buffet only you get it yourself..

they have great service at the alcarte but to me i want breakfast fast so i can get on with my day. the buffet was faster and i had way more choices.

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
210 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Varadero Breakfast

The priv lounge was just opening the day before we left and we went the same day as Helen did. Helen was right in saying the service was slow and the choices were very limited. I think with a little more time they will be quicker as it was just newly opened. I really liked the priv lounge though and if it was opened a little earlier I probably would have sat in there for a few drinks in the early afternoon. It also had a nice deck with a water fountain out back that seemed very comfortable as well. The breakfast service has probably already improved over the last week and will get better over time i'm sure. I have to agree that I would still probably prefer the buffet myself for the same reasons Helen has said.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Varadero Breakfast

the Privilege lounge is the best place for the breakfast and for a good coffee and you can get cheese and smokey salmon and prosciutto and good cheese ,its small and more private and its a la carte ,the regular buffet the coffee is water down and the milk too and no salmon and no prosciutto.

Edited: 02 December 2012, 22:02
Toronto
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Varadero Breakfast

Thanks all. We're always in search of a good cup of coffee or a cappuccino first thing in the morning. :)

Port Colborne...
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Varadero Breakfast

can get cappuncinno in both loacation, you just have to ask for it in the buffet, or while you are walking by the lobby bar you pick up on your way in. they have cap machines in all venues

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Varadero Breakfast

Thank you small world. That's good to know.

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
210 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Varadero Breakfast

We made a point to visit the staff in the lobby bar for cappachino in the morning. They are so nice in there and put a smile on our face in the morning.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Varadero Breakfast

Thanks GaryN. That's what we'll do.

9. Re: Ocean Varadero Breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 22:15