We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Varadero - where on the strip?

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Varadero - where on the strip?

Hi all!

So I'm a bit confused - where on the strip is the Riu Varadero? If you go off the map her on TA while browsing resorts by location, it appears the Riu is midway down the strip - but going off Google Maps, they place the Riu down at the end of the strip (by the Tryp Peninsula).

Can someone advise me where it actually is?! :)

I'm planning to go to Varadero in April for a friend's 10th anniversary vow renewal. They're doing it at the Riu, but the prices have skyrocketed as of late for this resort, so I'm looking into resorts next to the Riu to see if I can find a cheaper/better deal. :)

Cheers,

~ martinigoddess

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Varadero - where on the strip?

down the end of the peninsula 15 cuc by cab each way to go downtown or the bus for 5 cuc but the bus stop everywhere

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Varadero - where on the strip?

Thanks moineauQc!

So the Riu is down near the Tryp Peninsula, Iberostar Laguna Azul and Memories Varadero - are those three hotels relatively close to the Riu? Like walking distance (beach or by road)?

I'm just trying to figure out if my idea to stay at a different resort and attend the vow renewal at the Riu is a good idea. As it stands right now, I can't afford the inflated price for the Riu, but I really want to be there for the vow renewal!

~ martinigoddess

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
3,833 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Varadero - where on the strip?

The Tryp borders on one side of the Riu while the Azul borders on the other side of it,and Memories is right next to the Azul..,and yes they are all within walking distance of each other.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Varadero - where on the strip?

Sweet, thanks SWNova! :)

Now I've got options and can make this trip happen - even if I might not be at the same resort as the rest of the group, at least we can visit with each other! :)

~ martinigoddess

hfx
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Varadero - where on the strip?

you will probably to have to pay a day pass fee to visit on their resort; security usually checks for this.

6. Re: Riu Varadero - where on the strip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 23:16