We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction at Paradusus Princessa

Ontario
Level Contributor
639 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Construction at Paradusus Princessa

Does anyone know when this is to be completed? We are thinking of booking for April but have been reading about jackhammer and other noise issues going on 24 hours a day,

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction at Paradusus Princessa

See this thread for more detailed info.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147275-i99-k59764…

In my opinion construction will not be complete on the one closest building until next winter. The whole new Royal section is likely to be longer than that.

However, if you are in any of the buildings from 1 to the West side of 4, you will not be affected in the least by construction.

I would e-mail them ahead of time to tell them you do not want to be disturbed by the construction, and if you do get a room that is affected insist on moving. Everyone I met that asked for a different room got one.

Perhaps others can estimate how busy it may be in April. As long as it is not busy, your risk of a bad location is likely low.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction at Paradusus Princessa

Ron the new Royal Service section is reopening in March 2013 (3 months); the rest is expected to be completed shortly thereafter. Given this is Cuba... but it definitely won't be next winter, the hotel has been losing big $$ not having the royal section open so it's on the home stretch, probably why they've cranked up the pace so much. I've seen miracles more than once with the RIU and Ocean looking for from down and a few months later being open.

Edited: 28 December 2012, 15:50
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction at Paradusus Princessa

Take a look at 'other' options. This is where Trip Advisor becomes a very valuable tool when researching a vacation. I would not book a vacation destination knowing that there is even a possibility of anything disturbing my relaxation/enjoyment. No matter what destination you book, you are always taking a bit of a risk that something will be going on that could effect your holiday in a negative way so whay take a risk with something known like construction?

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction at Paradusus Princessa

"Ron the new Royal Service section is reopening in March 2013 (3 months); the rest is expected to be completed shortly thereafter."

---------

I saw what could be three separate projects. First there is the construction of a new Cuba standard 3 story walk up, which appears to be identical to building 1, 3, 4, or 6. Junior suites on the sides and Suite Deluxe on the ocean end. I suspect it is a non Royal building and will be called #7. They are just finishing the exterior of this building now, and while March may be possible, I would bet on next winter. e-mail me if you want some current photos. Our first room (4313) gave us an excellent view of this building.

Then there is the old Royal section on the hill. I believe it is shut down for interior renovation. We did see a few lights on at night, so perhaps for construction. This could very well be ready to re-open in March. Hard to tell unless you could see inside all the rooms.

Last there is the new Royal section which really is a complete new resort built on the former swamp. It was hard to see all of this as it is low rise. However I could see the East end of it from the beach. I would say it is still in the early stages of construction, or at least the part I saw. I would not bet on this section being open for next winter based on what I saw. There are a number of construction cranes in operation there. But perhaps the buildings on the very East end are the last to be built and it is closer than it appears.

www.resortsmaps.com/popup.html…

Ontario
Level Contributor
639 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction at Paradusus Princessa

We have decided not to even consider this resort anymore. I believe my travel agent who was there in September reported accurately back then, but there seems to be a lot more going on now. I just can't believe that the prices don't reflect this disruption. One travel company has stated in their promotion that there is some construction but shouldn't interfer with the vacation. Another company states that there is heavy construction at the resort. This is my first time to Cuba and it is definately not what I am looking for. Thank you everyone for your input.

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Construction at Paradusus Princessa

One option you could consider is having your travel agent ask the resort directly if they will assure a non construction affected room. If they were to give you that assurance in writing, I would not be concerned at all about going to the resort. Just remind them of their assurances 10 days before you arrive.

7. Re: Construction at Paradusus Princessa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2014, 10:17