We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer at ball games

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
466 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Beer at ball games

I know they don't sell it in Havana's stadium Latino Americano - went to a great game there last year.

But a Cuban friend tells me you can bring your own cervezas to smaller stadiums (we are planning to go to both Cienfuegos and Matanzas parks in a couple of weeks.)

Anyone have any knowledge about this? Beer+baseball+Cuba+good.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer at ball games

It's not been a problem at Holguin, so I would think it should be OK at other stadiums.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer at ball games

We were in Cienfuegos last Jan, and Santa Clara in April. We didn't see anyone drinking. Plenty of Police presence!

Good luck, Boom!

Beer, Sask,....

Must be a Rider fan!

Sounds like a great time regardless!

Altrincham, United...
Level Contributor
519 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer at ball games

I was lucky enough to go to the Cocodrilios V Mayabeque game last month. The game would usually have been played at Estadio Victoria De Giron but as it was the centenary game it was played at Estadio Palmar de Junico (where the first ever game of ball was played in Cuba).

No beer on sale there but you wouldn't think it if you heard the noise. The atmosphere was immense. The stadium is small so there was only a couple of thousand there(including on rooftops and hanging from street furniture). I wonder what the noise in the big stadiums is like? I hear a game at Habana Industriales is incredible.

Cuba+Ball=Good. Beer not needed, nice if you can get it.

Hope you get to a game. Enjoy.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer at ball games

I should make it clear that no beer was on sale at the Stadium, but you were allowed to take it in. Also at the break between inning i went out and bought more.

Edited: 06 January 2013, 19:08
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,510 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer at ball games

bellagio, would it also be possible to bring a bottle of rum and tukola into the ballpark without any trouble? I like my ceveza and I'll bring some in a cooler bag with me, but one of my friends really prefers rum.

Terry

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
466 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer at ball games

Yes, beer not needed. But it's vacation. Puts it over the top.

Thanks for the info. Bellagio, if you could do that in Holguin, I can't see why we couldn't in Cf or Mtzas.

east coast usa
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beer at ball games

Our plans are to go to a game in Matanzas January 25th, i think a 1pm start.We have been at a game before and took a small cooler with a few cervezas. We are staying at Breezes Varadero.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beer at ball games

Terry:

I don't see why not. Give it a whirl.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beer at ball games

We went with Cuban friends & took beer in no problem. Please just use common sense & don't drink too much! On the downside, the washrooms at the stadiums are often beyond bad, so that in itself is a bit of a deterrent. lol

10. Re: Beer at ball games

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 06:16