We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

antiques etc...

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
537 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
antiques etc...

I love to shop thrift stores and antique malls and wondered if the market in Varadaro or Havana have second hand goodies or is it mostly new products? any tips or places to check out would be great.

Gibsons, B. C...
Level Contributor
978 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: antiques etc...

I haven't seen second hand items in either place.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: antiques etc...

All new and all tourist driven....

St Thomas
Level Contributor
218 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: antiques etc...

If you take the Havana trip there is an out door vendors market in old Havana in the Park which sold some interesting older stuff a lot of books etc . Very limited in Varadero . If you are just interested in old historical things the museun in Varadero at about Calle 58 , or 59 back in on beach side has a lot of interesting old artifacts .

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
537 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: antiques etc...

ok, we plan on a day trip to Havana so will make note of that :) thanks.

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
824 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: antiques etc...

Corry -

What is used or antique to us is most often quite desirable to most Cubans and you will have to look very hard to find any worthwhile used or antique goodies. Most tourist markets have a great collection of very cheap souvenir type junk. The only exception I see on a recurring basis is artwork; some of it is fairly good and quite interesting.

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
537 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: antiques etc...

good to know.....Ive been known to hunt down sally ann shops in foreign countries so just thought it was worth asking :) my son wants an old cigar box for his souvenier LOL

7. Re: antiques etc...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 05:19