We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roll call Blau Varadero Feb 4th - 12th & Questions

Beeton
Level Contributor
193 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Roll call Blau Varadero Feb 4th - 12th & Questions

We are first time travelers and I am going with my husband and Daughter and her fiance. We have never been Cuba and have some questions. How far is it to Havana and if there are any day trips? How long is the bus ride from the airport to the hotel? Anyone else from the GTA going to be there at this time?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,404 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roll call Blau Varadero Feb 4th - 12th & Questions

I cn answer a couple. Havana is approx 2 hrs from Varadero. There are excursions to Havana. See below:

Colonial Havana - Visit the most famous city in the Caribbean and the heart of Cuba. This tour covers both the Colonial and modern Havana. Free time for shopping. Lunch included.

Adult 67CUC Child 51CUC

Havana Special - Visit the most famous city in the Caribbean and the heart of Cuba, plus the famous Tropicana show in Cuba. Change of clothes is required. No jeans, sneakers or sandals.

Adult Only 135CUC

Have fun.

Cheers

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Roll call Blau Varadero Feb 4th - 12th & Questions

We stayed at the Blau Varadero 2 years ago and loved it so much we are returning this March. If you have any questions, please ask away!

Beeton
Level Contributor
193 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roll call Blau Varadero Feb 4th - 12th & Questions

How long is the bus ride from the airport to the hotel? Does anyone know the email address for the blau varadero? I wanted to email them to see about room requests. What area is the best for rooms?

Edited: 20 January 2013, 15:28
Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
86 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roll call Blau Varadero Feb 4th - 12th & Questions

My wife and I are going to the Blau Varadero from the 11th to 25th March, for our first time in Cuba.

If you use the link below to the Blau Varadero website the e-mail details are there:-

www.blau-hotels-cuba.com/contact-us.html

Hope you enjoy your stay and look forward to your review.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Roll call Blau Varadero Feb 4th - 12th & Questions

Varadero is a great time with lots of things to do and a town to explore. Blau looks like a nice all around hotel, infact I'm getting married there in 9 days if you can believe it :)

The airport to hotel is short, I think 30-40min.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
280 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roll call Blau Varadero Feb 4th - 12th & Questions

Susan sunshine,I would really like to know everything about this resort.Where we can snorkel?Whats the food and drinks like.Should I get ocean view?Whatever you have in knowledge I'll take.

S B
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roll call Blau Varadero Feb 4th - 12th & Questions

I also stayed there two years ago, and am leaving on Monday to stay again, only this time on the Libertad side of the resort. It's new ownership, from Barcelo to Blau, and all things point to it still being great. You can snorkel at the beach, but I don't know how much you'd see... it's the last resort on the strip so the beach is long and it varies from nice perfect light sand to the darker sand with shell bits in it. Food it not spectacular, but no one really goes to Cuba for the food! The drinks are good, lots of name brand liquor ie: we drank Jamiesons for the duration, they never ran out! Ice cream is spectacular, as is some of the bread. Found all a la cartes adequate. We took the organized tour bus for a small fee into Havana and then left the tour and did Havana on our own. I found this to be a much better way, as we weren't dragged from shopping opportunity to shopping opportunity, we saw what we wanted, ate when we wanted etc. Also found a great horse and cart guy in the Parc Central with a great grasp of English that took us to all over the city (Leonardo, everyone seems to know him there). We hooked up with the bus again at the end of the day and went back to the resort... much cheaper, and for us, much more enjoyable than the organized day tour. The ride to the hotel from the airport is at least an hour, but only because the Blau is the last resort and you stop at all the resorts enroute and drop people off... we are taking a cab upon arrival this time!! Hope you find this helpful...

8. Re: Roll call Blau Varadero Feb 4th - 12th & Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 05:16